Should I buy this skid steer

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
2:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I suggest hvac as a trade. A smart kid like you would do well.
He appears to be smart and motivated. I think being self motivated is 90% of the success equation.

HVAC is a good trade. Did that for 29 years. Owned two businesses. Semi retired at age 45....On an 8th grade education no less. I did however get my GED at age 17 and later took a few college classes.

Service/repair work was my favorite.

Last edited:

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
He appears to be smart and motivated. I think being self motivated is 90% of the success equation.

HVAC is a good trade. Did that for 29 years. Owned two businesses. Semi retired at age 45....On an 8th grade education no less. I did however get my GED at age 17 and later took a few college classes.

Service/repair work was my favorite.
Service/repair was my favorite too. While I can do it, I was only ever a passable tin knocker. On the other hand if tin were farts I would have been a superstar installer.🤷🏼‍♂️

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
4:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the major issues that made me never want to go into HVAC was .......crawlspaces. I hate confined spaces and the critters that love them.

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
2:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Service/repair was my favorite too. While I can do it, I was only ever a passable tin knocker. On the other hand if tin were farts I would have been a superstar installer.🤷🏼‍♂️
I hadn't realized you were an HVAC guy too. That's cool 😎
Nothing wrong with banging and braking tin.... Did duct fabrication in the sheet metal shop for a year or so....another several years of field install too.

One of the major issues that made me never want to go into HVAC was .......crawlspaces. I hate confined spaces and the critters that love them.
I didn't like attics either....even less so going under mobile homes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lnk

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
4:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Attics are not great but are better than crawlspaces. Mobile Homes Blow..............blow away that is.

1718839139241.png

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I hadn't realized you were an HVAC guy too. That's cool 😎
Nothing wrong with banging and braking tin.... Did duct fabrication in the sheet metal shop for a year or so....another several years of field install too.

I didn't like attics either....even less so going under mobile homes.
I took a very short break from tree-work and did hvac for a couple years. Went through a community college program for it and did service work after that.