aeolian

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That saw is straight gased .
Apparently there is not a single drop of oil mixed with the fuel.

Placing few drops of that fuel on a sheet of paper will confirm that theres no oil in it .

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That saw is straight gased .
Apparently there is not a single drop of oil mixed with the fuel.

Placing few drops of that fuel on a sheet of paper will confirm that theres no oil in it .
Better yet, Ryan called and asked if I had time to look at saw, replied yes I have. He said I may know what is wrong, what do think it is? Your wife must have straight gassed it, he replied no I did and have a 562 to do also, if you want to. 372 is done, had enough parts here.

islandarb

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Better yet, Ryan called and asked if I had time to look at saw, replied yes I have. He said I may know what is wrong, what do think it is? Your wife must have straight gassed it, he replied no I did and have a 562 to do also, if you want to. 372 is done, had enough parts here.
So he admitted he straight gassed it. That was nice of him. Give him the riot act on how to properly mix gas with his 2 stroke oil of choice. Sounds like a nice enough chappy.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My buddy next door called me about his saw not running. Was running “really good” before it wasn’t.

It had no compression. I pulled the muffler and saw what looked like a silver Lays potato chip sliding up and down in the cylinder.

I asked what oil he mixed with his gas. He said “My saw doesn’t need that. It has a separate tank for oil and gas”.

I wish I filmed his face when the epiphany occurred. I said “No Jon, the oil tank is for BAR oil. Your saw isn’t oil injected like the boat engine is”.

The rapid expression change of WTF to OMG was worth the labor of the repair. Lmfao.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My buddy next door called me about his saw not running. Was running “really good” before it wasn’t.

It had no compression. I pulled the muffler and saw what looked like a silver Lays potato chip sliding up and down in the cylinder.

I asked what oil he mixed with his gas. He said “My saw doesn’t need that. It has a separate tank for oil and gas”.

I wish I filmed his face when the epiphany occurred. I said “No Jon, the oil tank is for BAR oil. Your saw isn’t oil injected like the boat engine is”.

The rapid expression change of WTF to OMG was worth the labor of the repair. Lmfao.
That's great. LOL

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Was talking to a guy on Craigslist about a saw and had basically the same conversation, bummer I didn't get to see his face. Then I said if it's scored its not worth what he was asking, he responded, I'll just take it back to the pawn shop then lol.

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was talking to a guy on Craigslist about a saw and had basically the same conversation, bummer I didn't get to see his face. Then I said if it's scored its not worth what he was asking, he responded, I'll just take it back to the pawn shop then lol.

We have a couple decent pawn shops 80-100mi away. One has a "mechanic" and the other doesnt. Both have sold some junk saws in the past, or tried to. They don't mind a buyer inspecting them, which has perks and drawbacks.

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
5:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I like buying those saws.
I have a mint 10mm 044 that is straight gas with obviously green 2 stroke oil in chain oil tank. Usually the cylinder is reusable. A meteor and there she goes.