Shortages are back

N8TE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a call earlier today from a guy I barely know. He said that he was told by a mutual friend that I reloaded and wanted to know if I could reload some 6.5 Grendel for him? He had a set of dies and 200 empty cases. I wasn't going to do it but was curious about what components he had.
I asked about primers, powder and bullets and was told that he assumed I had all of that but he would be willing to pay me a couple bucks a box to reload for him.
I explained that I don't reload for other people because of liability issues. I also explained about the shortages of pretty much everything related to reloading.
He then asked, if he found components, could he borrow a press and the other equipment he needed to load the cases himself?
It would be just my luck that he'd load some up, then blow his ass up before
I got my press back and I'd have to fight with his widow to get it returned.
I told him no.
Big 'ol hellno

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
12:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a call earlier today from a guy I barely know. He said that he was told by a mutual friend that I reloaded and wanted to know if I could reload some 6.5 Grendel for him? He had a set of dies and 200 empty cases. I wasn't going to do it but was curious about what components he had.
I asked about primers, powder and bullets and was told that he assumed I had all of that but he would be willing to pay me a couple bucks a box to reload for him.
I explained that I don't reload for other people because of liability issues. I also explained about the shortages of pretty much everything related to reloading.
He then asked, if he found components, could he borrow a press and the other equipment he needed to load the cases himself?
I told him no.

That presents a significant liability in this crazy world. I believe you were wise. Even though your decision was probably frowned upon by him - every good decision is not always a popular one.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I told him no.
Only deal better than this Steve is what I have to offer...you buy all the components, reload everything to my specs, and ship it to me ASAP on your dime of course...I need my ammo yesterday. Only other option is to just send me yer factory loaded stuff...choice is yours.

Signed,
Waiting at my mailbox impatiently!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Every bit of it’s out of stock in 9mm and .300 ...and I’m looking at it now, hour and half later than you posted Dave.
Go ahead and make an account
They restock often
The same for all the other online companies
You just have minutes to order.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Every bit of it’s out of stock in 9mm and .300 ...and I’m looking at it now, hour and half later than you posted Dave.

I looked at it about 3 minutes after he posted. There was one item left in stock -- not one I was interested in. So don't beat yourself up over it.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I looked at it about 3 minutes after he posted. There was one item left in stock -- not one I was interested in. So don't beat yourself up over it.
I ain’t sweating it...got plenty but if the score is there to get more, might as well.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Screenshot_20210215_113713.jpg
I can't post a link it's blocked at work wifi

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Loading and selling ammo without an FFL and insurance is a really bad idea. If you want it that bad, learn to do it yourself. Its alot easier and cheaper than it looks, I got started with a $150.00 Lee kit.

pl_silverado

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not gonna lie, I sold off some reloading components at these prices. Having stocked up years ago, I had excess to spare. Sold a bunch of primers for $250/1k, and jugs of Varget for $500.

Basically everything I have left is now free, as the proceeds recouped about every penny I’ve spent on reloading in my life. And I can still weather the next two administrations.

I literally had guys fighting over primers. Still have 3 bricks of federal gm215m large magnums to sell, but I’m getting tired of dealing with people. They’re nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

K Mueller

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not gonna lie, I sold off some reloading components at these prices. Having stocked up years ago, I had excess to spare. Sold a bunch of primers for $250/1k, and jugs of Varget for $500.

Basically everything I have left is now free, as the proceeds recouped about every penny I’ve spent on reloading in my life. And I can still weather the next two administrations.

I literally had guys fighting over primers. Still have 3 bricks of federal gm215m large magnums to sell, but I’m getting tired of dealing with people. They’re nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What caliber do you use the 215M for?