High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

My Winchester Model 100 story.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
In 1969 I owned one rifle a Winchester Model 94 in 30-30. I wanted to go on a Canadain moose hunt in the fall of 1970 and decided that probably a 30-30 in a winchester and a marlin have killed a lot of moose I wanted some thing I thought possiable better.

Why as a reloader I chose a Winchester model 100 I have yet to figure our all these many years later why.
The 308 is a no brainer how ever a very good round for hunting any North American animal except the biggest bears.

I found a use rifle with a Tacso scope on it after Christmas 1969 about when most dissatisfied deer hunters trade off for a number of reasons.

I had bought reloading dies for the round and bought. abunch of ammo from a fellow worker who had bought about 30 boxes to go out west hunting fall of 1969. Bullets ranged from 110 gr ato 180 gr. So I was shooting them up just to shoot them up and get empty cases to reload what I had decided would be my starting load.

My bullet choice then was a 150gr Winchester silver tip bullet, You could still buy reloading bullets then. Powder was going to be IMR 3031 so I could use the same powder for my 30-30, in fact the same bullets too.

Right from the first trip out to my range I decided the model 100 was a mistake. load the clip u and shoot it. then spend a bunch of time searching for the brass in the snow.
But I stuck with it getting several boxes of empty brass to reload.
Starting with the starting load then going up by 5 grs. at a time getting any decent accuracy was going to be a chore.

In the mean time My brother came home from a stint in the service and didn't listen to my reasons to not buy a Model 100 and found one of his own.
Because I was not very happy with the accurcery with the model 100I passed on going moose hunting the 1970-1972 season.
In the mean time my brother is having his own problems. the chamber on his rifle was so tight that even factory ammo cases would not eject and be stuck in the chamber. Sent it out for a chamber rework.
He had got it back on a Friday afternoon came north to our hinting property and range.
A sunny Saturdy morning we are out in th erange and his rifle blows up in a bunch of pieces, I picked up 134 pieces and may have missed some.

The gun shop owner served as the go between with Winchester. they took every bit of ammo we had loaded and could not find a high primer, any double charges we insert the bullet as soon as we drop the powder in the case. In fact they could not find any thing wrong but brother still had to hire a lawyer to get any satifaction.
All he wanted as a rife to replace the model 100.
To be continued.

Al

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In 1969 I owned one rifle a Winchester Model 94 in 30-30. I wanted to go on a Canadain moose hunt in the fall of 1970 and decided that probably a 30-30 in a winchester and a marlin have killed a lot of moose I wanted some thing I thought possiable better.

Why as a reloader I chose a Winchester model 100 I have yet to figure our all these many years later why.
The 308 is a no brainer how ever a very good round for hunting any North American animal except the biggest bears.

I found a use rifle with a Tacso scope on it after Christmas 1969 about when most dissatisfied deer hunters trade off for a number of reasons.

I had bought reloading dies for the round and bought. abunch of ammo from a fellow worker who had bought about 30 boxes to go out west hunting fall of 1969. Bullets ranged from 110 gr ato 180 gr. So I was shooting them up just to shoot them up and get empty cases to reload what I had decided would be my starting load.

My bullet choice then was a 150gr Winchester silver tip bullet, You could still buy reloading bullets then. Powder was going to be IMR 3031 so I could use the same powder for my 30-30, in fact the same bullets too.

Right from the first trip out to my range I decided the model 100 was a mistake. load the clip u and shoot it. then spend a bunch of time searching for the brass in the snow.
Starting with the starting load then going up by 5 grs. at a time getting any decent accuracy was going to be a chore.

In the mean time My brother came home from a stint in the service and didn't listen to my reasons to not buy a Model 100 and found one of his own.
Because I was not very happy with the accurcery with the model 100I passed on going moose hunting the 1970-1972 season.
In the mean time my brother is having his own problems. the chamber on his rifle was so tight that even factory ammo cases would not eject and be stuck in the chamber. Sent it out for a chamber rework.
He had got it back on a Friday afternoon came north to our hinting property and range.
A sunny Saturdy morning we are out in th erange and his rifle blows up in a bunch of pieces, I picked up 134 pieces and may have missed some.

The gun shop owner served as the go between with Winchester. they took every bit of ammo we had loaded and could not find a high primer, any double charges we insert the bullet as soon as we drop the powder in the case. In fact they could not find any thing wrong but brother still had to hire a lawyer to get any satifaction.
To be continued.

Al

What? :risas3::cbiggrin:

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes a fireing pin recall. as they were breaking.

Al

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Because ofbroken fireing pins or sticking ones

Al

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

To be continued.

Al
That’s pretty crazy and I hate hearing these stories