Shortages are back

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It seems like there could be liability issues with stores buying ammo that isn’t directly from the manufacturer

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It seems like there could be liability issues with stores buying ammo that isn’t directly from the manufacturer

I would think that unopened bulk boxes and sealed cases should be OK.
A guy walking through the door with a bunch of individual boxes might be suspect.

I haven't been to a gun show since last year but at the last one I attended, there were quite a few guys selling bags of reloads for stupid prices....and other guys buying them.
One guy was selling small baggies of mixed head stamp .22 ammo.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My local shop takes factory ammo on trade all the time, as well as brass and bullets. Selling reloads without a manufacturer FFL and insurance is a really bad idea, of course that doesn't keep people from doing it.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This probably means the slightly more expensive ammo makers in other ex-combloc countries will step in to fill the void. We are already seeing alot of ammo come in from Serbia, Hungary, and similar places. Russky .223 and pistol cartridges dried up a long time ago around here, the 7.62x39/54 are all that remains.