Shortages are back

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
9:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They’re running $350 and up around here. I think Bud’s is $350 out the door, no sales tax. I paid less than $300 ea for two LCP II .380’s about a year ago. Crazy ass prices out there now.
How many rounds through your LCP II? Any extractor issues? I shot mine yesterday and it jammed up and wouldn’t eject. I started looking it over and the extractor, spring, and plunger are gone and i have no idea where they took off to. I read online that it seem a lot of guys have had repeated issues with it. 18EC943A-8CF8-48C5-A24B-4AB64191E3DE.jpeg

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How many rounds through your LCP II? Any extractor issues? I shot mine yesterday and it jammed up and wouldn’t eject. I started looking it over and the extractor, spring, and plunger are gone and i have no idea where they took off to. I read online that it seem a lot of guys have had repeated issues with it. View attachment 303227
I’m thinking less than 100 rds total through both of mine, without an issue…of course that’s not a crazy amount of ammo by any stretch. I’ve heard of this happening and read some on it but it’s been a long while ago, and responses on the forum I was reading were quite typical of usual forums…a bunch o’ hair brain replies. What ammo were you running just outta curiosity?

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m thinking less than 100 rds total through both of mine, without an issue…of course that’s not a crazy amount of ammo by any stretch. I’ve heard of this happening and read some on it but it’s been a long while ago, and responses on the forum I was reading were quite typical of usual forums…a bunch o’ hair brain replies. What ammo were you running just outta curiosity?
Norma ACP 95gr FMJ. Its had almost 200 of those through it since April when i got it before it went tits up yesterday. I got an email back from Ruger and they want it sent in to look at.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Norma ACP 95gr FMJ. Its had almost 200 of those through it since April when i got it before it went tits up yesterday. I got an email back from Ruger and they want it sent in to look at.
Good on the email deal. Makes me wanna take both of mine out and pump as many fmj rounds through ‘em as I can and see if I can duplicate this. Last thing I need is a paperweight in my back pocket.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good on the email deal. Makes me wanna take both of mine out and pump as many fmj rounds through ‘em as I can and see if I can duplicate this. Last thing I need is a paperweight in my back pocket.
Exactly

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What some of you 'extreme' ammo hoarders could do if you wanted. Are ammo shortages so bad that retail stores have zilch stock in the shelves? If so and you have many bricks of rounds hoarded away in you doomsday prep stash you could consign half your ammo to the local gun shop at a premium price like 2x it's retail price. Let him sell it and make some $$$. Not that many here like reducing their ammo but the supply will come back...in time.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I find a good deal on ammo or reloading stuff I buy some. Not huge amounts but whatever fits my budget at the time. This way, I have several years supply laid up which is continually accruing. Which is not as much as it sounds, I could easily fit all of it into a small closet. I've heard gun shop stories of guys having pallets of ammo in the basement. Problem with that is, what happens if you have a house fire? Or even just get a severe water leak?

I considered putting my bricks of cheapo Thunderbolts on Gunbroker back in January when they were fetching over a c-note each. Problem is, this particular lot shoots amazingly well in my rifles and I just don't think I'm going to be that lucky again. We do get the bulk pack Winchester and Federal 36 grain hp's here fairly often. I don't buy them as they just don't impress me in my guns. The Winchesters in particular have hard rims and my handguns don't like them.

Last edited:

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Plenty of ammo back on shelves in the big stores around here and the price is coming down. The local gun shops here are done. They’ve priced themselves out of the market. They can’t compete with Cabela’s, BPS, Sportsman's Warehouse etc.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The shortage hasn’t really effected me as i was ahead of the game a long time ago. I did get real low on 9mm though but i’m good now. Could use some .380acp

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
8:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What some of you 'extreme' ammo hoarders could do if you wanted. Are ammo shortages so bad that retail stores have zilch stock in the shelves? If so and you have many bricks of rounds hoarded away in you doomsday prep stash you could consign half your ammo to the local gun shop at a premium price like 2x it's retail price. Let him sell it and make some $$$. Not that many here like reducing their ammo but the supply will come back...in time.

When there was no ammo, I asked my LGS about buying ammo.
The owner said he was unwilling to pay more than his normal wholesale price, although he has been charging 3x-4x his normal retail price.
He pissed off enough people that no one is buying guns from him either. In a small town, being unethical can get you in trouble.