Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
2:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's at least $750 worth of port work, no? :nusenuse:

Fabian has to be getting concerned, seems you are approaching his mentors level of performance. :nono:
Lol Its just a 562 with a big hole behind a deflector. Loud isn't necessarily fast

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
1:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didnt widen either port, but lowered the intake and raised the exhaust to the suggested numbers.
Then seeing I had it apart I decided too see if I could hog some bridge ports in.
I did it without looking at other pics, and went with what my mind "thought" it remembered. They didnt end up angled like many, and just connected the intake side of the uppers and lowers.
Then I figured, if I already messed it up, lets try hacking in some finger ports.
Why not. If it's going to blow up, I want it to be spectacular!

Turns out, it didnt blow up right away.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didnt widen either port, but lowered the intake and raised the exhaust to the suggested numbers.
Then seeing I had it apart I decided too see if I could hog some bridge ports in.
I did it without looking at other pics, and went with what my mind "thought" it remembered. They didnt end up angled like many, and just connected the intake side of the uppers and lowers.
Then I figured, if I already messed it up, lets try hacking in some finger ports.
Why not. If it's going to blow up, I want it to be spectacular!

Turns out, it didnt blow up right away.
When they keep pulling like that even though the clutch cover is clogged, you know you did good. Looks like it gained.

Last edited:

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When they keep pulling like that even though the clutch cover is clogged, you know you did good. Looks like it gained.

Yeah, I kept looking down going WTF, nothing is coming out!
I have plugged it before, just never that quick.

Having this thing is teaching me a lot. I can read, re-read, and then read it again, but until I actually get my hands dirty, that's when it finally sinks in for me.
It's also nice in a way that it's a saw that won't hurt my feelings if something goes south.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looked like it gained, how did it feel?

Felt good. Seemed to pick up rpm quicker and hold better rpm.
I need to get it into some bigger wood. I don't have any here right now. I have some I need to go pick up from a co-worker, but that involves hooking up the trailer, chaining down the skidsteer and loading the wood. That's not fun in -20+ (or would that be minus?) weather, so it can wait.
In other words, I am being a slacker.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why certainly
Nice, I left the strato alone on the two 372xt I modded recently. I gutted it on a 2172xt I had and it didn’t really seem do much to it other than use more fuel. I think the xt lives in the shadow of the oe unfortunately, I like em. Good torque and better on fuel. With 40:1/keep rpm down they seem to last. Plus pretty much all the parts are interchangeable with the oe so that’s nice.

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave, did you do anything to the uppers on that NW BB? They all seem a little too far from the intake to me.

We will have to compare our saws at the GTG!

Your 660 ran real nice last year!

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice, I left the strato alone on the two 372xt I modded recently. I gutted it on a 2172xt I had and it didn’t really seem do much to it other than use more fuel. I think the xt lives in the shadow of the oe unfortunately, I like em. Good torque and better on fuel. With 40:1/keep rpm down they seem to last. Plus pretty much all the parts are interchangeable with the oe so that’s nice.
The 1st 372 I ever had was a 2 year old xt. And the main bearings were out of it already. Locked up from the rod breaking the intake skirt. I rebuilt it and put an xp cylinder on it. Not sure if it's the piston weight, oil quality/ratio, or tune, but it sure doesn't leave a warm fuzzy feeling. I think more oil is a good start though

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 1st 372 I ever had was a 2 year old xt. And the main bearings were out of it already. Locked up from the rod breaking the intake skirt. I rebuilt it and put an xp cylinder on it. Not sure if it's the piston weight, oil quality/ratio, or tune, but it sure doesn't leave a warm fuzzy feeling. I think more oil is a good start though
Did you buy her new?