huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
3:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had to watch those again, while both versions are impressive, that 2nd one makes me curious if you have plans to liquidate after the GTG? Is that a 365 cyl. ? Very nice,let's watch it one more time for the viewer's at home..
Yep. Just a $27 Tecomec 365 cylinder from the Deal of the Day last summer

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
2:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
One can not lose the "sausage"
As demonstrated by the second visual time capsule...

I never really lost faith, I have seen several saws on video that confirmed that sausage is equally as efficient as bananas when choosing your stuffing materials...

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got to make some cuts with my 346! Been really cold here and I have had some issues. Finally got it figured out after talking with Joe @Onan18 on Thursday. Have had three carbs and two coils on the saw in the last two weeks. Ends up I probably didn't tighten down the flywheel nut enough. It spun and sheared the key. Made its first cuts today and runs pretty good!

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks good, how long did it take you to time the flywheel
I did one for @Armbru84 a few weeks ago, and this is my 2nd one. Took me a few hours the 1st time to get it close. I bought a timing light to check where it was. This one took a few hours also, as I wasn't worried about damage to the saw caused by running it with too much advance, and I was doing timed cuts in that 3 hours. It takes a few hours just getting the coil to fit, too. But now I could get it right in a half hour or so

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
2:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I did one for @Armbru84 a few weeks ago, and this is my 2nd one. Took me a few hours the 1st time to get it close. I bought a timing light to check where it was. This one took a few hours also, as I wasn't worried about damage to the saw caused by running it with too much advance, and I was doing timed cuts in that 3 hours. It takes a few hours just getting the coil to fit, too. But now I could get it right in a half hour or so
So you're ready to do it again?
That thing sounded ggnarly...
Is it worth the gains to put all of the effort into it, or can you get similar with OEM coil, that 7300 you did looked fairly gnarly itself. Was that a OEM coil?

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it worth the gains to put all of the effort into it, or can you get similar with OEM coil, that 7300 you did looked fairly gnarly itself. Was that a OEM coil?
I wouldn't hesitate to do the swap, I like the 272 coil better

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know that its worth it if the saw isn't ported. I'd just start rich and lean it out until it hit the limiter. On a 7910, I might go 1/8 turn leaner than the limiter, as it's a 12,8k coil I believe. 13,3 and 13.1k in others I'm told.
I've only done this one and another 7900. I had a 7310 a year ago, but that was an oem coil