Local time
2:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
10pin 20" bar. off roll Stihl RSLH.

practicing a little for next gtg...

Lookin' good!
Question for you. Have you ever tested the effect veg oil has on bar temps? Couple guys on the fb milling groups have been telling people their bar runs cooler with it. I've been very skeptical, but wondered.

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My chain failed miserably! Have you used a stopwatch? :) In all fairness, we need to use the same chain for a comparo...
I didn't time any of my cuts or the ones you posted.. I was just putting it up there for comparison.. iveanted to come do the timed cuts with you guys, but I was to busy picking on @dall. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been playing around with the oil pump on @dolmarkid 044 hybrid. I think I've had the oil pump apart 3 or 4 times now. Lol.
I think I finally got it just right. I started out with both the fuel and oil tanks full. I made several test cuts and then did the cuts for the video. The chain never got overly tight or hot.
When I was done I checked the fuel and oil tank levels. They appeared to of both used the same amount.

I should note that this chain has close to 2 tanks of fuel on it since it was sharpened.

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've been playing around with the oil pump on @dolmarkid 044 hybrid. I think I've had the oil pump apart 3 or 4 times now. Lol.
I think I finally got it just right. I started out with both the fuel and oil tanks full. I made several test cuts and then did the cuts for the video. The chain never got overly tight or hot.
When I was done I checked the fuel and oil tank levels. They appeared to of both used the same amount.

I should note that this chain has close to 2 tanks of fuel on it since it was sharpened.

Did you just keep slowly grind on tbe end to make it oil more each time you had it apart?

I ran dalls hybrid this past weekend. Pretty sporty. Good job!!

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you just keep slowly grind on tbe end to make it oil more each time you had it apart?

I ran dalls hybrid this past weekend. Pretty sporty. Good job!!

Basically the first couple times I had the pump apart I only tweaked the end of the control rod. Once I got to the point of no more "tweaking" I started to work on the end of the plunger and made the ramp quite a bit steeper. I also drilled out the discharge passage in the pump body. Iirc I used a 7/64 drill bit. Finally I extended the "cupped" cut out in the end of the plunger approx. another 1/8".
After all the "tweaking" the plunger now travels about an 1/8". Stock it was only about 1/16".
I figure that I've almost doubled the output of the oil pump.

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I played with the plunger and cut the cupped part about an 1/8" deeper too. However, I whimped out and did not drill the passage wider though. I may have to take it apart if I get a longer bar.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
661 Definitely ran quicker with the 24" bar.
Were you using your square grind chain?