Saw video thread

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i wanted to see the torque i would runa 8 pin and turn the 461 up some if i wasnt comparing

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why do guys tune a saw to the same rpm to compare saws? If they run better at different rpms then a true comparison would be tuned where they are both strongest. No?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know either. Tune optimal and go. A 394 might be fine at 13.3k and a 390 at 14.4k.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Deets066 @Canadian farm boy @dall
What rpm are you guys tuning your hybrids to? What about a ported 044?
Mine will 4 stroke well above 15k however it's starts to loss power when tuned that high. My saw seems happiest around 14800-15000 with a 24" bar.
I find that almost every 1128 series saw I've ever run likes to be tuned a touch on the fat side at wot. Ymmv

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
2:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Lookin' good!
Question for you. Have you ever tested the effect veg oil has on bar temps? Couple guys on the fb milling groups have been telling people their bar runs cooler with it. I've been very skeptical, but wondered.
I've run it before when I ran out of bar oil and swiped it from my wife, I liked it enough to where I also finished off a couple of gallons from my 5gal Turkey fryer stash. I wouldn't doubt that it runs a little cooler due to lower viscosity/less drag it sounded fast if that makes any sense,but you could hear buzz. I also liked it when I was working in proximity of my well for any extended period of time to avoid any perceived contamination ( High water table) I have told very few people about this so guard my closet veg oil use with your lives...

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you may have cut dirt or sod.
You really couldn't find any bigger pieces of wood than those scraps? Lol
And skip chain on a 20" bar with a ported 064??????
Come on now Jake.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk