av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
6:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably a slip of the finger, I’ll fix it. And thanks btw!
Apparently, when you select “ok for kids” you turn the comments off. Didn’t know that. I can’t find where to change that.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sure sounds fun don't it... looks like I may have to take some college chemistry classes. I don't remember a single chem class from school. Lots of stuff involved with a functional "nickasil" coating.
I wonder if a plating of your choice could be plasma coated on? That might open more options for where to get things plated.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seem to be a lot of work but so is iron sleeving?

Don't know if you keep up with this guy, but he is an innovator and has about the best understanding of Two strokes than any else on YouTube to this point. Humble opinion of course. He swapped up his design to a scroll type supercharger, like a mini pro charger. Waiting to see if it puts out the big numbers he's looking for out of a 50cc two stroke that if performs ends up on a Bonneville record attempt.

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't know if you keep up with this guy, but he is an innovator and has about the best understanding of Two strokes than any else on YouTube to this point. Humble opinion of course. He swapped up his design to a scroll type supercharger, like a mini pro charger. Waiting to see if it puts out the big numbers he's looking for out of a 50cc two stroke that if performs ends up on a Bonneville record attempt.

Yes I used to follow him when he was building his bonneville moped.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is this a clone, restoration or belongs in a museum?
A genuine 090AV from the 80's I cleaned up. Zero after market rubbish was used. The updated top cover you can still get from Stihl. Pretty much everything you can still get from Stihl dealers for the 090AV down here.

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Playing with some "race" saw stuff
Sounds incredible! What is that oscillating sound when at WOT? Doesn’t sound like 4 stroking and doesn’t sound like a limiter. Almost like ignition cutting out, I know I can learn something here! Thanks :)

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder who will buy one first, on OPE?

At first I thought they were rebranded sugi's, but they are not.

Now I wonder who makes them?

They sure look like a Sugihara, my first thought was how much do we pay for the Walker name vs. a standard Sugihara, like the Husqvarna labeled Sugi. THEN a guy spammed all over my Facebook group "Chainsaws & Wood craft" about Neo-tec and that Neo-tec is going to market a new light bar. Wonder if their new offering is this and a knock off of a Sugi. Understand I have no clue on this or where these come from.

I'll put a link because his dissertation was quite lengthy. Someone might be interested in that as it MIGHT possibly be related to these bars, I have no clue what they are. Except they sure look Sugi to me!

Last edited:

Woodwater

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
12:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Aspen preety pricey there. normal in America? Here 5 Liter of Aspen cost's around 21 euros.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds incredible! What is that oscillating sound when at WOT? Doesn’t sound like 4 stroking and doesn’t sound like a limiter. Almost like ignition cutting out, I know I can learn something here! Thanks :)

I wish I knew for sure, I think it may be the pipe over scavenging. Working on getting a pipe built just for this engine.