Saw video thread

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
6:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My first full port job of a 461. Saw came to me with TA, MM that I did a couple years ago for my friend, he also installed a max flow filter. I machined, ported and modded the carb yesterday. Picking up an unlimited coil at the PA gtg next weekend.

Before:

After:

460/461 always seem to wake up after there ported. Nice job. About 15% gain over muffler mod and t/a.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mattyo built the hybrids and had me test them out. I usually use my 064 as a benchmark for most of the saws I build since I have run it against many saws. Gives me an idea where they stack up. They are experimental saws with some aftermarket and some oem parts. He went pretty wild with the jug work. I thought they did well with a size bar they were never designed to run stock. Would be interesting to run them against a hybrid with a oem jug.

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mattyo built the hybrids and had me test them out. I usually use my 064 as a benchmark for most of the saws I build since I have run it against many saws. Gives me an idea where they stack up. They are experimental saws with some aftermarket and some oem parts. He went pretty wild with the jug work. I thought they did well with a size bar they were never designed to run stock. Would be interesting to run them against a hybrid with a oem jug.
See that’s how a real chain should sling chips. Idk what I’m doing wrong or right

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup post pictures of your chain. There’s a lot of knowledgeable folk here. Also... hardwood usually ain’t gonna sling chips like white pine even with a good chain. But you should get some decent chip production either way lol.

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup post pictures of your chain. There’s a lot of knowledgeable folk here. Also... hardwood usually ain’t gonna sling chips like white pine even with a good chain. But you should get some decent chip production either way lol.
Oh it was making good chips just not cutting fast.

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
434BBBCA-D9AB-497E-B570-9DCF8A771CE0.jpeg This is probably the worst I’ve done actually after looking at it. When I cut with the grinder 60 degrees chop and 30 degrees offset as intended it cuts like a normal chain no wow at all. Cut the rakers down as much as the saw will pull and still no wow. This one I put the grinder @ 40 and gave it just a light chop at the edge and rakers way down. Still no wow. :facepalm: