Saw video thread

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
6:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Did you build this one for you Al? Looks like some major power increase w/ your magic worked on it.
Is that an mtronic? I'm assuming since I didn't catch you messing w/ needles in the vid.

Seems like she wants to idle too high at the end of the 2nd vid -- hope it's not a sign of air leak or the like.

Still love it! Hope you are well and Happy New Year!

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you build this one for you Al? Looks like some major power increase w/ your magic worked on it.
Is that an mtronic? I'm assuming since I didn't catch you messing w/ needles in the vid.

Seems like she wants to idle too high at the end of the 2nd vid -- hope it's not a sign of air leak or the like.

Still love it! Hope you are well and Happy New Year!
Its not a leak. Not sure if the MT is still learning. Could be my mix.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What mix are you running Al? I've heard that some of the computer saws don't like some oils at over 40:1, but if it worked with it before it was ported, then I think it should work just as well after porting.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What mix are you running Al? I've heard that some of the computer saws don't like some oils at over 40:1, but if it worked with it before it was ported, then I think it should work just as well after porting.
Just watched @Redbull661 vid on the reset. I let off the throttle after a second or two at high rpm, not after it dropped rpm. Probably part of my issue.

A ported saw can certainly be more affected by a mix than a stock one Mike. The compression makes them run hotter and the MT will have difficulty fattening them up with a very viscous mix. I’m at the end of my Motul800 gallon now.