Saw video thread

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
4:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
440 I ported on the first tank of gas tuned conservatively. 25” 8 pin full comp. I was pushing pretty good first couple cuts to test the powerband width, quite a forgiving saw. We’ll see how it holds up. 138DA12A-A52E-47EB-AB14-89F5BE131A2C.jpeg Wood was frozen hemlock. Which cuts like a rock this time of year.

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice.
Just me, but I prefer. 325 on 50cc saws. Keeps the saw in its operating sweet spot a little better. Thus making for faster cuts.

I hear you there, but this saw is going out for an attitude adjustment. I'm positive it will run this setup with authority when it comes back.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 440 and 572 were about even before the 440 was modified. The biggest gain was in torque. It was pretty easy to stuff the 440 stock. Not anymore, now you have to be trying to stuff it.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 440 and 572 were about even before the 440 was modified. The biggest gain was in torque. It was pretty easy to stuff the 440 stock. Not anymore, now you have to be trying to stuff it.

Do you have a fastflow to try on that 440? Would love to see a couple of timed cuts w/ HD-2 and fastflow ... hopefully w/o any re-tune required but if absolutely necessary do the re-tune. Start with HD-2 set optimal, then change out for fastflow and if you are comfortable w/ making a cut w/o touching the tune go for it. If it needs a little more fuel ... no prob.

Cheers Mason!

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you have a fastflow to try on that 440? Would love to see a couple of timed cuts w/ HD-2 and fastflow ... hopefully w/o any re-tune required but if absolutely necessary do the re-tune. Start with HD-2 set optimal, then change out for fastflow and if you are comfortable w/ making a cut w/o touching the tune go for it. If it needs a little more fuel ... no prob.

Cheers Mason!
That thought crossed my mind, I think it would benefit. It already has a larger 460 carb on it so that filter might help it more than normal with the stock zama. The HD filter works well at keeping fines out but clogs quickly.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That thought crossed my mind, I think it would benefit. It already has a larger 460 carb on it so that filter might help it more than normal with the stock zama. The HD filter works well at keeping fines out but clogs quickly.

And I'll correct myself -- it's the "Maxflow" filter to try. No cover... just bolt on the foam and give her a go.
I'll give this a shot w/ my hybrid next time I have it out.

Maybe I'll hit the sugarbush over the break and do some testing.