Saw video thread

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems better after the reset, certainly sounds better to me.
Here they are all together, the chain hasn't been touched, it has around 25 cuts in this and I bucked up a cherry log you can see in the background. The logs getting a bit short so it's being retired after these cuts and I was also getting into the root flare so it's a little wider now than when I started this series with this chain/saws. I made a a handful more cuts with the ported 2166, I'll get that video loaded up even though it's not the best with the "round" moving all over the place :confused:.
Today after reset with 7 pin.
7 pin
Second cut the cookie broke off a couple seconds before the bottom.
8pin
Ported 440 with 7 pin
Whoops forgot this link.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Brett. I'd take either saw...7 pin better for work in frozen wood.

Nice job Kevin.
Me too. I haven't had enough time on the 462, but if it's like the other AT/mt saws the fuel economy makes the overall cut time go much lower than standard carb saw, it's why I prefer them on jobs, but firewooding I like the standard carb saws(it's also what I advise people to get for firewood most times)
That seasoned ash is hard stuff when it's not frozen, frozen is a bear.
That was my last stick of it, I need to see if I can get some more, all I have now is black locust, elm, cherry and red oak.
Anything you guys want me to get out next.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try red oak. Usually a bit more consistent. Makes for better test wood...
I'll do that. Unfortunately I just remembered I have to move two trailers to get to my log pile, may just work with the cherry I have right behind where I'm cutting at in the vids.
Here's the ported 2166.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems better after the reset, certainly sounds better to me.
Here they are all together, the chain hasn't been touched, it has around 25 cuts in this and I bucked up a cherry log you can see in the background. The logs getting a bit short so it's being retired after these cuts and I was also getting into the root flare so it's a little wider now than when I started this series with this chain/saws. I made a a handful more cuts with the ported 2166, I'll get that video loaded up even though it's not the best with the "round" moving all over the place :confused:.
Today after reset with 7 pin.
7 pin
Second cut the cookie broke off a couple seconds before the bottom.
8pin
Ported 440 with 7 pin
Whoops forgot this link.
Who ported the 440 sir?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's your take on all the intake options for these?
I think it helps a little bit. It would probably make more of a difference on a higher RPM saw. I leave the exhaust down on these, but they still end up turning about 16 K