Saw horse plans

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 20351 If y'all haven't tried these give em a go they hold very well and have a torx head that will NOT slip all I buy anymore
Obviously has nothing to do with a saw horse less you wanna use em to put the horse together.... They come in all sizes and they're all pretty pricey but they're good enough my tight ass buys em

cantgitright

i am Mastermind's other profile
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I run square drive for 99% of what I use
and we have a local store that just sells/makes screws bolts and hardware, they have about any and every kind of screw made...a 1/4 keg (2000 pcs for the #9 x 3") probably cost close to what a 5lb box would cost from anywhere else

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run square drive for 99% of what I use
and we have a local store that just sells/makes screws bolts and hardware, they have about any and every kind of screw made...a 1/4 keg (2000 pcs for the #9 x 3") probably cost close to what a 5lb box would cost from anywhere else
You ship that stuff? I could re up

junkman

Crush it
Local time
4:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those deck screws will kill a sawzall blade if try to cut one ,i buy them by the big box ,3 inch ones the square head ones are a little thicker than the torx ones at my local store .

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's a number there I may call up and see what they can do

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I gots me some hammered together and believe they would have held a truck in there prime.
Seen some plans for some back in the ninety's used studs from a church remodeling job.
Should get some pics for ya.
I made these in the mid 90's they are 35" tall and 4' wide
NCM_0764.JPG
NCM_0763.JPG

Last edited:

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brian,this is roughly what we would knock out on framing jobs out of cutoffs. Usually used plywood gussets at the top. The inverted "T" sets the angle right and you can splay the legs toward the ends to get a broader foot print.
View attachment 20347
All we ever used when i was building houses. New set every house...

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They're better than the square drive too the square is ok Phillips will work but I avoid em. I still use Phillips for dry wall work But to build stuff Those are special

Those torx drive construction screws are all I ever use too. I love those things so much better than square and phillips too.

Jeff Svoboda

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@junkman if you're still looking for plans and can wait I'll probably be over at my parents tomorrow and my dad has built a few sets. Very basic. No more than 2by some plywood and chisels. Let me know and I'll take some pictures while I'm over there.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
4:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@junkman if you're still looking for plans and can wait I'll probably be over at my parents tomorrow and my dad has built a few sets. Very basic. No more than 2by some plywood and chisels. Let me know and I'll take some pictures while I'm over there.
I am still brainstorming a set ,so that would be great .