Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
5:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the builder threads would effectively just be ads? I am not saying that like it is a bad thing, just asking. We are not going with the idea of feedback or customer contacts in these, just the builder's narrative?

Would the thread not also be a good place for the builders to provide updates on scheduling, changes to recipes and such?

I like the idea of information threads such as tuning, oil and the like being found there as well.

I agree with Nate that each builder should be sure to include their oil brand and ratios of choice for their saws in the narrative.

The reason I don't think we need to allow customers to post in the builder's thread is simple. I've done well over 1000 saws. Saws are all I do.....day after day. Most other guys have a "real" job.......and only do saws part of the time. If someone checks in those threads and sees that one guy has a chit ton of customers......well they might think that means they do better work. I'll stand up here and now and call *B-S.... on that. A lot of these guys were porting saws long before I came along. Not only that......I've spent a lot of time learning from some of them......

I do a lot of saws because I'm a freakin workaholic.....

As a total newb to the ported saw world, I think this sounds great. Each builder would have their own thread in this section with briefs notes on how/why they like to port saws the way they do? Or something like that? I would not expect them to disclose all of their numbers and exact porting techniques but just the general idea.

I agree that they should be locked so only the builder can post/update the thread.
Good idea and thanks Randy!

Yeah......you got it.

The most important thing we need to stress........

Try to work out any issues with the builder......and vice versa. If there is an issue that can't be worked out that way.......we'll figure out how to address that as a group too.

Gravitas

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm good with that.

I did want to have the opportunity to tell a potential new customer that you couldn't find your *a-hole in the dark with all ten fingers, a map and a flashlight, much less find TDC and use a degree wheel, but you and I both know I'd be lying. You wouldn't need the map.

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Out of the three builder's I have had work done by so far and in the process of the fourth I am and have been very happy with everything that has went on and received. I don't know if any of them are or were sponsors so how will that effect them?

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well that's the first time I've lost it and not proud of it. I promised several AS members I would do that thread long before all the stuff went down. I followed through with that promise. Ope and doing threads with you,Mike lee, etc is way way way better. :) Thank you
Had to go read it, wasn't surprised what I read. I won't go into detail, just glad you like it here. I like to read your build threads and learn from them.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Out of the three builder's I have had work done by so far and in the process of the fourth I am and have been very happy with everything that has went on and received. I don't know if any of them are or were sponsors so how will that effect them?
I'm sponsoring over here. Figured why not. You got the first stickers posted on a saw. LOL

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If you had a few more inches.........you would find that extra.......

Thanks for reminding me! Story of my life! I still wanna find that Dr that did my circumsision. I seen the before and after pics and it just doesn't add up!

Well time to go find a cinder block and do my stretching!

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah,

That was amazing. My ear isnt good enough to tell the difference between 11,000 rpm and 10,800 rpm watching a video recorded by all different types of equipment.

I cant even tell the difference in sound when I'm next to a saw.
Whats funny is that when doing doppler analysis for RC plane speed runs, there can be HUGE errors in curser placement, throwing off the results. A zoomed in and highlighted plot picture was necessary to show accuracy, or lack of it.

He has been active in defending BS and seems to be looking for things to nitpick about