Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, doing a lot of reflecting this passed week. My wife left me on Monday, and I know many others have gone through this as well.
What got you through?
Were you able to make amends?

Sounds like my wife is willing to work on it, but tells me she needs time. I think most of her saying that, is an escape from confrontation. Hopefully she comes to realize being with me, is better than not.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
7:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear this Frank. It's better you both take a time out to collect thoughts and be less confrontational. Give it some time my man it will work out. I've been married for 31 years and one or both of us seem to fall out of a tune just like the cursed Husqvarna LOL!!

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear this Frank. It's better you both take a time out to collect thoughts and be less confrontational. Give it some time my man it will work out. I've been married for 31 years and one or both of us seem to fall out of a tune just like the cursed Husqvarna LOL!!
Appreciate those words. I definitely agree on the falling out of tune. We have been in a rut for a
While...just wish it didn’t have to come to this, to get a “tune up!!” Lol.

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
To piggyback on what @timg said, sometimes a "tune up" is needed, but we are not always equipped to do it on our own. I'd recommend seeing a marriage counselor to help you both work through this. They're better equipped to hear you both as individuals and together and to help you communicate your needs to each other. It'll probably suck hearing things you don't want to hear, but she will hear where she went wrong too. Go in with an open mind and it might be the hardest best thing you ever do.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To piggyback on what @timg said, sometimes a "tune up" is needed, but we are not always equipped to do it on our own. I'd recommend seeing a marriage counselor to help you both work through this. They're better equipped to hear you both as individuals and together and to help you communicate your needs to each other. It'll probably suck hearing things you don't want to hear, but she will hear where she went wrong too. Go in with an open mind and it might be the hardest best thing you ever do.

when she is up for talking, I will suggest a counselor. I’ll also look into getting another for myself.

41FanForLife

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
+1 on this. We were doing the couples thing and my wife ended that. I still see a individual therapist. Finding out that she wants me to change me 100% and no change on her side. It can't be one sided. I have been very frustrated and depressed lately. But i would say give it everything you can. And i hope it works out for you. But if it doesn't you can say you gave everything you had to make it better.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm very lucky here, now. My ex was misery to be with.

Been married over seventeen years now and the bad arguments or a so called fights, I can count on one hand. The seven year itch was our first argument. We laughed about it then. Have your own things you do separate and a few things together. That's all I got besides, accusations. Skip that chit and just ask, straight out right. Leave your cards on the table.

GL

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm very lucky here, now. My ex was misery to be with.

Been married over seventeen years now and the bad arguments or a so called fights, I can count on one hand. The seven year itch was our first argument. We laughed about it then. Have your own things you do separate and a few things together. That's all I got besides, accusations. Skip that chit and just ask, straight out right. Leave your cards on the table.

GL
We haven’t had much for large fights...just lack of communication, which has led to resentment.
She will need her time to sort through her feelings, I will do the same and see where it leads us.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As others have said, see a counselor.
Trying to work things out yourselves is tough and it's easy to do more damage than good.
Will we a counselor when she is ready. I’ll
See one for myself in the meantime...but I can’t speak for her at the moment, and she has completely shut me out relationship wise. Just have to give her, her time.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was it the tattoos?

Sorry bud, had to. Hard times suck

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These times we all live in, right here, right now are very testing to anyone, relationships especially. I been going through ups and down in my family circle too lately. Being all stuffed into a 25 foot travel trailer doesn't help matters.
I hope you two make it through these times Frank, it might actually take sticking together to make it through what ever is to come of this nation.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
11:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice post bro. Respect.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
11:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, doing a lot of reflecting this passed week. My wife left me on Monday, and I know many others have gone through this as well.
What got you through?
Were you able to make amends?

Sounds like my wife is willing to work on it, but tells me she needs time. I think most of her saying that, is an escape from confrontation. Hopefully she comes to realize being with me, is better than not.
I've not been on here long, but long enough to know what with the fire and this you're taking some hits mate. Best of luck.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
+1 on what some of you fine folks have said. A marriage isn't over just because of some difficulties. If both of you are willing to communicate and really listen to each other, anything is possible. Mrs. Geek and I have had our share of problems and fights, but we refuse to give up on each other. That's the secret, in the end - it's impossible for a marriage to fail when both parties refuse to let it fail.

Motorka

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do what is good for you. I told my that if she leaves is one way street.
If she told you that she need time , probably she is having someone else in test.