Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
11:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you want a "movie" example of how a strong woman can hold a family together play this starting at about 1:28:20 watch it until it ends just shy of 1:44 Yes folks it is 16 minutes of watching but dammit that is a great example of a strong woman and of family dynamics. She is the epitome of a great woman.

Reactions: Lnk

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
5:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As I watch this movie from the time you say,, I remember watching it, 👍
Long story, and a great woman.. shame there’s so few of them

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Although the family is mostly fictional it is based on what was really occurring her during that time frame. Earlier in the movie there was another portion where the wife of a different family was trying to hold things together. The husband just could not deal with the pain of being foreclosed on, losing his farm, and the state possibly taking custody of their mentally challenged son. He took his life with a shotgun.

The portion where they are yelling "who gets the money? no sale, no sale" Well folks that really did happen in Iowa. Folks were angry and it got nasty. One local banker just across in Iowa was shot in his office. North of me in Illinois another was met in the parking lot by a group of well armed folks.

Men do not handle stress as well as women.

Last edited:

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My father's parents were married 65 years. It would have been 75 but Grandma outlived Grandpa by 10 years.

My mother's parents were married 49 years. It would have been 59 but Grandma outlived Grandpa by 10 years also.

My ex-wife's grandparents were married 73 years.

Her parents have been married 56 years.

My parents made it to 11 years