High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Raffle For Fellow OPE Member "hoskvarna"

d.l.d

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. I just put in for 3 tickets and possibly more later if i can get some extra cash freed up. Its great that people are coming together here to help someone in times of trouble.

rocketnorton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone overseas wins.......

I think that having them cover anything over "normal" shipping would be fair.

How's that sound?

just a fyi
sent a big ph to aus last week. surface shippin was double what I air ship to us for. 18x18x24 19kg/bout 42lb was gonna be $785. cad. air only, no surface available.

repacked in smaller box [less packin than I normally like] got it to $180., surface, just under 380 for air. 14x14x20, 3 kg lighter.

4-6 wk surface. 10 days by air

in when I can...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I donated too, though not sure how it equates to ticket... Probably should have used my OPE name. Regardless, good cause.

We will have someone decipher the Go Fund Me page to see who donated what, and how much. Steve set it up......so it will probably be him. For each 10.00 that a person donates, they will get one chance in the raffle. The drawing will be a computer generated deal.......

It's a good idea to but your name, and your username in the notes on the donation page. I think that your email is saved.....even if you choose to make an anonymous donation. If we have to.....we can announce the winner by email if that is all we have. The prizes will be awarded to the right person......

Woodhore

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been there and made a donation. I know this a tough time of the year for spare cash. Lets work some overtime or something and help Mark out. I have donated to several others causes in the past that I only knew from the forums. This is the first fundraiser on this forum, so lets make it great. I know this guy, good as they come. Always there to help someone else. Many have been to his GTGs. Opens his farm to many. Lets top that goal and help Mark get that building up. Nothing more important to a farmer that a shop with tools.

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
12:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you guys think about allowing this to run longer?

Feb. 29th is the cutoff date as it is now........but going on the the end of March might be better.
I thought the 29th was the cut off for raffle prize entries??? Then we can compile a list of the prizes and let it run another 2-4 weeks to let people buy more raffle tickets with the next few pay checks... IMO that kinda works good because we can update the prize list and post it everywhere with the "go-fund-me" link.

But if we want to go a little longer... March 12th for prize entries, raffle to be done on April 9th 4 weeks after the close of prize donations?

I'll dig through the shop for a prize entry tonight or tomorrow.

Greenthorn

Least Informed OPE Member
Local time
5:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1. New MS461R ported by Mastermind w/ 28'' total super bar /2 chains ( many members, Mastermind and tlandrum)
2. Husqvarna s2800 splitting ax (tlandrum)
3. Free woods port (Miller Mod Saws)
4. 2 - New Stihl chains of 3/8 .050 full skip square, winner names the DL (Deets)
5. Service to dress a bar (SquareFile)
6. A porters starting kit! Foredom porting hand pieces, bits (paragonbuilder)
7. Brand new fiskars x25 axe. (sawmikaze)
8. Restored Stihl 028 WB New seals, all new rubber, rebuilt carb, new Meteor piston new OEM parts. (Adirondackstihl)
9. Master service manual flashdrive. jonsered and arctic cat, new stihl training programs (backhoelover)
10. Francital Cervin, brand new Stretch Chainsaw Safety Trousers, size 34 (us) I think. (CapitaineHaddoc)
11. Free saw porting job. (jmssaws)
12. Stihl 056 AV powerhead only. (Gary Courtney)
13. Wilton Bash 6# Splitting Maul (svk)
14. Lightly used D009 pattern Oregon Bar 18"/.058/68DL with a loop of Carlton Semi Chisel chain (svk)

CLICK HERE TO DONATE

Last edited:

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Personally, and imo, I would think as far as length of time goes, this is lending a hand first, raffle way behind that.
So I would say, what helps you out most, Mark? Quicker cash in hand, or hold off and let the pot grow a bit?

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Personally, and imo, I would think as far as length of time goes, this is lending a hand first, raffle way behind that.
So I would say, what helps you out most, Mark? Quicker cash in hand, or hold off and let the pot grow a bit?

It is my understanding with these things is that the funds are available immediately. As Mark didn't start the Go Fund Me, he is not the one that has direct access it will have to come from @exCanuck (Sorry I don't know/ remember your actual name).

My concern with letting it run and run is that guys will procrastinate and then never get around to doing it or as much of it. If there is a set end date and guys know there are say 3 or 4 paydays between now and then it gives them more motivation to get in sooner than later even if it's just a little bit at a time.

Funds can still be donated after the raffle as well.

dave53223

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you guys think about allowing this to run longer?

Feb. 29th is the cutoff date as it is now........but going on the the end of March might be better.
Let it run and build up the pot.

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
10:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm definitely in for a few tickets. I'll get on it when I get home tomorrow.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really feel for you, and I will donate.

I was in the process of building the house I currently live in when it was burned down on St Patrick's day 1987. Luckily, I had not moved my personal stuff in yet, just some work tools and countless hours (after my regular days work) on plumbing & electrical. I got a call from a neighbor at 4:30 am, "Mike, I don't know how to tell you this, but your house is on fire". I still remember it, clear as day. Teenagers broke in, partied, and set it a blase.

The house I currently live in is the 2nd on this foundation. On house #1, all the wood burned, and the metal I beams twisted like pretzels. It was a complete loss other than the foundation.

I don't think I can describe how violated you feel to anyone who has not gone through it, but trust me, you feel violated, and the insurance company investigates you as if you destroyed your own work.

I wish you the best going forward, and hope this fund raiser will help.