Post up your ported cylinder Artwork

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i did that on a 5000 cylinder and a 181 cylinder. just for racing, not sure blowing out the bottom of a side fed cylinder would be any kind of benefit unless youre goin for power at max rpm over all else. at least if im thinking of the same thing ur talkin about
I actually do want to try this out in a work saw just to see how it does. But sooner or later im gonna build myself a cant racer

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I actually do want to try this out in a work saw just to see how it does. But sooner or later im gonna build myself a cant racer
ya never know. keep intake as high as possible and it may work well im amateur level grinder and thinker so take whatever i say with a grain of salt lol.

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ya never know. keep intake as high as possible and it may work well im amateur level grinder and thinker so take whatever i say with a grain of salt lol.
True. And thats what I was thinkin intake wise. BUT... with all that opening up of the lowers, It would make sense (to me) to try a different carb. Im thinking of a Tillotson off a 281/288. Same body as a 266/268/272 carb but internally its different, same venturi size, same throttle/ choke throat size, can easily swap shafts too. Both impulses are fed through the block. You know whats funny, the Tillotson HS-298A, 395XP Carb, has the same exact venturi as the 272 and 281/288 tillotsons, but again, different game when you get inside of the carbs. Any ways, Im just going to try out a freaking carb LOL.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
True. And thats what I was thinkin intake wise. BUT... with all that opening up of the lowers, It would make sense (to me) to try a different carb. Im thinking of a Tillotson off a 281/288. Same body as a 266/268/272 carb but internally its different, same venturi size, same throttle/ choke throat size, can easily swap shafts too. Both impulses are fed through the block. You know whats funny, the Tillotson HS-298A, 395XP Carb, has the same exact venturi as the 272 and 281/288 tillotsons, but again, different game when you get inside of the carbs. Any ways, Im just going to try out a freaking carb LOL.
The carb bore is definitely a restriction on the 395 with the carbs on them. That’s one saw that seems to benefit from a little carb work.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Uppers need the roof flattened a tad more, just a educated guess. You want that pattern on the chamber to be on the piston. But how does the saw run? If she runs good I wouldn’t worry about it too much. All piston tops turn black from carbon after a while anyway, which is why wash is tricky to read. You gotta run it hard for a few tanks then read the wash... then the two stroke oil can also play a role. Some leave wash quicker than others. Interesting stuff for sure.

NightRogue

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wash looks neat, but im guessing your mains are slightly aimed to mid or more to ex? And traces of charge escaping slightly through the exhaust? You can clean up the carbon and run the saw hard for few cuts to make sure

Here's an example of what happens when main is aimed too much to the middle
0df8741a5739ac66948f77db564a26d7.jpg

Sent from my INE-LX2r using Tapatalk

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Uppers need the roof flattened a tad more, just a educated guess. You want that pattern on the chamber to be on the piston. But how does the saw run? If she runs good I wouldn’t worry about it too much. All piston tops turn black from carbon after a while anyway, which is why wash is tricky to read. You gotta run it hard for a few tanks then read the wash... then the two stroke oil can also play a role. Some leave wash quicker than others. Interesting stuff for sure.
It runs pretty good! Ive always found this “reading wash” thing interesting as well.

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wash looks neat, but im guessing your mains are slightly aimed to mid or more to ex? And traces of charge escaping slightly through the exhaust? You can clean up the carbon and run the saw hard for few cuts to make sure

Here's an example of what happens when main is aimed too much to the middle
0df8741a5739ac66948f77db564a26d7.jpg

Sent from my INE-LX2r using Tapatalk
The mains on that 359 cylinder were aiming towards the sparkplug hole, towards the intake. But they could have gone a little further and maybe a little flatter too