Porting, You get what you pay for

5000+

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It does and I don't necessarily disagree with you...I'm strictly speaking from the manufacturers standpoint.
Cool. No way can someone expect a manufacturer to warranty any product that has been modified. It's not just a case of the actual mods, its that they have no control of the skill of the person doing it. That is why it has to understood before hand that the risk is on them.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm trying to figure out how we can blame this on JJ. I'll be back later.

Why do you need to think about it?

It's always JJ's fault.

Tonight I think I'll see how long a saw runs on straight gas, once it stops running I think I'll blame JJ

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like scott said you can't blame the port work. there was none.
mopar army I agree my best guess is steel from the muffler or aluminum chips got in ate the bearing and washed the cylinder

price? its called R and D I think it is irrelevant if the saw was faster than stock. if i ground the whole cylinder into dust would you pay 1000?

I wouldn't own a saw brad touched if he paid me.

Randy, Stand up thing, thats how I would roll and I believe most of the builders that I would respect.

my 2 cents

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
4:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Like scott said you can't blame the port work. there was none.
mopar army I agree my best guess is steel from the muffler or aluminum chips got in ate the bearing and washed the cylinder

price? its called R and D I think it is irrelevant if the saw was faster than stock. if i ground the whole cylinder into dust would you pay 1000?

I wouldn't own a saw brad touched if he paid me.

Randy, Stand up thing, thats how I would roll and I believe most of the builders that I would respect.

my 2 cents
Tell me more about this grind it to dust mod,sounds pricey but is it worth the gains?:picknose:

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, the comment I made was only, to imply BS (Malarchy)is common on the AS. Nothing more. Sorry if you drew a different conclusion......That's why I'm here (OPE). I wouldn't know a ported saw if it bit me in the ass. I just run them with a sharp chain and hope they don't gernade. Over & out.