MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're exactly right.

Also, people tend to see everything in black or white, right or wrong. When it comes to building performance engines there is no one size fits all approach.

Will raising the exhaust make power at a higher rpm? Not always.

Will more blowdown help performance? Sometimes.

Does the muffler need bigger outlets? Not in every case....

If I toss out a set of numbers will they help you port your saw better? I doubt it.

There are so many variables in not only the architecture of the engines, but in a user's ability to file a chain that matches the powerband of the engine.

If anyone is interested in details. Send me a message. I'm happy to share my spec sheets with anyone.....in private.
Thank you I love you for saying everything you just said good god about time someone would say it. It's definitely different strokes for different folks I port my Saw's the way I like them and I know you do things the way you like them .:campeon:

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm just burned out on the whole "forum experience".
First good use of Facebook I've ever heard of.

I'm of the opinion that social media will lead to the downfall of civilization. :eyebrow2:
I agree on both statements Randy. I feel like something is slipping away in my life with the advent of this technology. I understand that it’s up to me to decide how much I want to be on the internet but there is something insidious about it. I know like anything in life it’s just a matter of discipline I just wondered if anyone else ever shared my feelings.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It sure was nice to hear your voice on the phone the other day. That’s something this technology just can’t replace. In my opinion anyway.

I feel the same way Chuck. A good talk with a friend is miles ahead of any text messages.