Polishers choice award 2017 !

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run them all, but find that folks who prefer a stihl don't normally like the huskys or the dolmars. You would probably like the dolmar 7910 better than the 044, and it has way less vibes than the 044 or the 272.
I have run some good Huskys and Dolkitas. I like any saw that runs well and cuts wood. But I just prefer the simplicity of Stihl. Simpler with tools, etc. Just personal preference.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran one that was in CT. Dan's GTG. Looked nice, was very stout! Smooth. I think Doc did his thing to it. Was very nice.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have run some good Huskys and Dolkitas. I like any saw that runs well and cuts wood. But I just prefer the simplicity of Stihl. Simpler with tools, etc. Just personal preference.
That's funny, I've never heard that said, even from a stihl fanboy, guess I got to get on the forums more:jaja-no:.
Between the stihls and the huskys I do think they handle very different. My first pro saw was a 346 and I been hooked on the huskys for handling since. I've tried most all the saws newer than a 2 series husky and still enjoy the huskys handling the most. I recognize it as being a personal preference thing though, I say run-'em if you got em and keep the chains sharp.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's funny, I've never heard that said, even from a stihl fanboy, guess I got to get on the forums more:jaja-no:.
Between the stihls and the huskys I do think they handle very different. My first pro saw was a 346 and I been hooked on the huskys for handling since. I've tried most all the saws newer than a 2 series husky and still enjoy the huskys handling the most. I recognize it as being a personal preference thing though, I say run-'em if you got em and keep the chains sharp.
I have run some real nice 346s too. Very nice. Nothing wrong with them at all. One of the best Hooskie produced!