Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
By golly wiener, it worked. Can't remember where I was going to post this at. Here is good as any I reckon. Still like my buds new 562Xp. Have a repeat next Saturday. Sure can mill up some boards about twice as fast when I have helpers. Told him I'd make all the lumber he could use as long as he would help. Glad to get rid of these logs, much longer and I'd be cutting 'em up for firewood. It all works out. Glad the picture putter-upper is working again, good job guys.

IMG_20160723_085559_605.jpg

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ready for mass production?

Absolutely, do you want actual measurements?

I think it would be a great seller!

I just Gorilla glued Rubber pads under the pivoting angle iron pieces so it does not rattle so much when it travels empty. That stuff seemed to stick the rubber to the metal real nice!

Oh, a "TRUE JOKE" ... Harold painted it bright orange to make it hard to loose, so my wife asked me where he purchased the orange steel!!!!

Still can't load the 8.13 Mb file, but that is OK, we are back to where we used to be, and I can load most of my pics.

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
10:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 28016 this is the message I get and my phone takes photos that are 5,300×3,000 and the editor doesn't give a down size option. If I crop it down to 1,200×1000 I lose 3/4 of the photo I want to share.
However smaller photo sizes will help pages load faster for people with slow Internet.
Iam getting that error as well glad it's just not me

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took a few pics today, and they are just over the size limit to post (seems it is at 8 Mb for me).

I take them with my DROID phone, then transfer them to my computer (using One Drive), then try to post them.

Anyone know how I can EASILY reduce the size a bit so I can post them? Windows 10 installed itself a few moths ago w/o permission.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took a few pics today, and they are just over the size limit to post (seems it is at 8 Mb for me).

I take them with my DROID phone, then transfer them to my computer (using One Drive), then try to post them.

Anyone know how I can EASILY reduce the size a bit so I can post them? Windows 10 installed itself a few moths ago w/o permission.

Google Windows image resizer.

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
8:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
OK, I downloaded an App, I think I got it.

That's some beautiful wood there Mike. It's my goal next year to get into milling. Don't know much about it but I intend to learn. Wish I was closer to you...looks like you could teach me a thing or two.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still learning myself.

That is the Logosol Timberjig basic unit. Had my wife get it for me as a Christmas present last year, and now I finally get to use it. Made the guide (8') from 5/4 treated decking and an untreated 2X8. Previously used a "Beam Machine" to make post & beams (from Ash) for my cabin.

The Shag Hickory tree was so straight & tall I did not just want to turn it all into firewood. Besides, firewood demand is down this year.

Made those pieces from the top part of the trunk, still have the larger lower part in tact. I wanted to practice a bit first!

If you review their literature, you will get the idea. Start small and work up.

Square file chain cuts fast (relatively speaking) and leaves a good finish.