• Total voters

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
3:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Even
It depends on your camera settings, if your taking HD pics you can't load them and you could a couple weeks ago.
Something changed in the server
Even taking my camera to the lowest setting the file is too large by double.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Test

58c1ed9c11f46cab546a6286a86eef70.jpg

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just tried something fellas...going through the motions to email the airplane photos individually to myself (sending each to my gmail email) on this phone, that I posted over in the R/C thread. When I choose a photo from phone library and hit send, it prompts me to choose to either send actual size, or downscale to large, med, small (all of latter three are in the high Kb range). I can see that in 'actual photo size', they were all around 1.7 - 2.0 Mb each....not crazy big file sizes. Obviously my pic sizes are probably well underneath the file sizes that some are attempting to send. And I don't know where the threshold ceiling is and narrow down what file size in Mb that's garnering all the File Too Big error msgs some are getting.

Last edited:

super3

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It depends on your camera settings, if your taking HD pics you can't load them and you could a couple weeks ago.
Something changed in the server

I started using this when I had problems on a few other places,

https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

Pretty fast, rt click on my pic, choose small, post that pic.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just throwing this out there with my previous post about the pic file sizes in Mb's, that I've posted. Probably didn't tell any of you more tech savvy folks with these smartphones nothing ya didn't already know about how to see the actual file size of said pic.

Do some of you know the actual file sizes in Mb that you can't post? Could it be that folks are selecting multiple pics to post at one time, therefor making the overal post too big in some cases? Hell, I don't know...just trying to figure this pic stuff out.

Shawn Curry

Cuts trees in half
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I first noticed an issue on 7/18. Prior to that, I didn't need to do anything to my pics to upload them. Now I need to "crop" them in the image editor on my phone before I can upload. My phone reports the size of these images as under 3mb. These are smaller in file size than on my old phone, but larger in pixel size.

Changes in the image compression was also my guess (I'm a software engineer).

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i miss the pics and i tried sending one to cfb the other day and wouldnt let me send either said was to big

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There is no need to save photos so damn large. I always resize mine to between 100-200 kb.

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
2:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 28016 this is the message I get and my phone takes photos that are 5,300×3,000 and the editor doesn't give a down size option. If I crop it down to 1,200×1000 I lose 3/4 of the photo I want to share.
However smaller photo sizes will help pages load faster for people with slow Internet.

That is the same error I keep getting when I try to post pics in my Echo thread. They aren't really that big...about 2mb I think.

EDIT: I thought it might have something to do with this stupid Windows 10 I'm using.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I do high quality pix from my Samsung note 3....I get the file too large error.

If I take crappy quality pix with my phone they load fine.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If I do high quality pix from my Samsung note 3....I get the file too large error.

If I take crappy quality pix with my phone they load fine.
Exactly
It's a site problem or the biggest coincidence ever.