srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
9:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried VP M5 in some saws. It made good power but was hard to get rich enough to not run away. Some 20% nitro RC fuel was a fun experiment as well.

M5 in our alky carts was worth 10% hp. Knocked 5/10’s off a an 8s lap time but you could totally hear and see the different. Much sharper exhaust note, header glowing!

Nothing like a Honda 6.5 clone putting out upper 20’s hp.

A

ADMO services

Crazy how strong smelling it is. Gunna need to run it dry or drain it. Cuz the only place I can go with it is my garage now, which is attached
Running it dry and as you mentioned earlier a flush fuel. If you were jetted for something much more oxygenated. What would you use as a flushing procedure. And type fuel??? Great points are being brought up here guys. I’m really impressed!

A

ADMO services

Aside from pulling the spark plug and pouring sea foam in the tank then choke it and pull the rope a few times.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Running it dry and as you mentioned earlier a flush fuel. If you were jetted for something much more oxygenated. What would you use as a flushing procedure. And type fuel??? Great points are being brought up here guys. I’m really impressed!
You just run regular mix, it just runs fat as hell.

A

ADMO services

I could definitely see that. On my little race 25 merc and tohatsus running methanols they would just stall out when I would try to purge with av gas they were so rich but only one carb on those made it easy to just slap new kits in em. They were both running 200psi compression which required some serious octane

A

ADMO services

It’s cool that saws require much less octane at that pressure. But totally different animal!

A

ADMO services

Wish larger displacement engines with lower rpm loads could do that!

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wish larger displacement engines with lower rpm loads could do that!

It's all about squish velocity. Make the squish bands narrow and with more clearance and it would run fine.

A

ADMO services

What you’re saying is true but you would have to have the perfect bore to stroke ratio to achieve that without running out of compression. And in modifying engines it’s just not that easy to change bore sizes to accommodate

A

ADMO services

And in 4 strokes it’s achievable with cam profiles as well as variable cam timing. But if I make my squish band narrowed and add more clearances I would have to make my combustion chamber smaller to keep the compression up and a combustion chamber undersized will detonate as well

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
How do you make a 25 merc run on methanol?

A

ADMO services

With proper jetting. But that alone won’t yield much of a gain