High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

One ring vs two

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
1:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have four rolls of the 4.5mm with broken spool centers that I wont sell like this if you want one, let me know.
Dave
also rescue handles from Stihl (larger and rounder, meant for use in firefighting gloves, too big for some hands) and Oregon (smaller diameter grip but more angular and less roundy)

pull starting with the Stihl D and a short rope on the drf255 044 that was flooded I pulled flesh off my palm in two places and got a pair of bruises :)
I will never turn away bulk pull rope,let me know what I owe you. Thanks

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My single ring saw is a little hotter but it is also stronger all the way around. No explanation why it just is.

20 degrees doesn't seem like much to me,after the two cuts it would raise 10 degree at a idle for a second and then rapidly Cool,shockingly fast how they both cooled.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
2:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for a solid discussion men.

This moderating gig is gonna be tricky.......and I'll make mistakes. Y'all might need to talk me thru it sometimes.........but I'm here to help. Seriously.
MMTMM

Master mind the moderating monkey
:2guns:

It's all good Randy, I understand that some things should be deleted. But I would like to see some of it worked out like men. And hopefully we don't accumulate a bunch of whining members with too many feelings complaining anytime someone says boo.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Both are at 14000 and tuned by me, I tune the low to just off lean surge and set the high. That said it could still be leaner but it always has been stronger.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My latest hybrid has 2 rings ,piston has to be run backwords though because of the fingers .
Both saws in the videos have fingers and backwards pistons.

I don't have time to tear them down now but we'll look this evening.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
MMTMM

Master mind the moderating monkey
:2guns:

It's all good Randy, I understand that some things should be deleted. But I would like to see some of it worked out like men. And hopefully we don't accumulate a bunch of whining members with too many feelings complaining anytime someone says boo.

A fine line we shall walk........

Hopefully.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If it's still faster with both rings installed, I bet it's still hotter than the other jug.
Either way 20 degrees won't leave one saw covered in oil and one dry as a bone.
At least I don't think so,but that's why I did it so i\we can learn something other than it takes a hell of a grasshopper to eat a bail of hay. Truth

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Either way 20 degrees won't leave one saw covered in oil and one dry as a bone.
At least I don't think so,but that's why I did it so i\we can learn something other than it takes a hell of a grasshopper to eat a bail of hay. Truth
Time at idle has a lot to do with it. Also, if you didnt check the case for oil before the test then checking after isnt a good comparison.

petedaycab

let's roll some coal...............
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I like all chainsaws. In a pro saw, not a bad one out there. My question is, how come huskies (single ring), are always rev happy little hot rods? And stihls' (two ring), are just happy little work rods if you will?

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I really ain't concerned with oil residue, I figured if there was a drastic increase in temp from one to the other that might explain why the 661 had the change.

My saws rarely idle they are mainly used to test things and always get the hell beat out of them and there always covered in oil when I tear one down and there apart all the time.