Official Shemane Witmer (Leadfarmer's Daughter) Raffle Thread

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
12:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let me know if you need me to do anything.

Just a thought, maybe we should establish and make known the rules for the selection. That way people arent looking for heads to roll when a selection hasn't been made for over 3 hours, but also make sure that we finish the draw before 2020. It just seems to me, that in quite a few of these, the "Rules" discussion always starts after the raffle has already started haha

Rules? We don’t need no stinking rules!!!!

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Not that I ever win anything in these stinking, good for nothing, fake, false, fraudulent, fictitious raffles, but if by some miracle this raffle is actually legit and my name comes up, please exclude me and redraw as I wasn't in it to win it. I realise it's not going to speed things up any because my name never comes up anyway, so GFY.

:D

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
12:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not that I ever win anything in these stinking, good for nothing, fake, false, fraudulent, fictitious raffles, but if by some miracle this raffle is actually legit and my name comes up, please exclude me and redraw as I wasn't in it to win it. I realise it's not going to speed things up any because my name never comes up anyway, so GFY.

:D

Here is another option, you can proxy your selection to Shemane and she would ( or wouldn't) get to select something for herself in your place...

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here is another option, you can proxy your selection to Shemane and she would ( or wouldn't) get to select something for herself in your place...
OK, go for it. If she wins something as a result of this, I expect nothing less than a thank you note 1/2-hand written with big purple crayon in barely legible words that resemble chicken scratches. Or perhaps she has one of those nose actuated computers like what Stephen Hawkings used and I'll get a print-out or PDF instead.

It's so easy to be benevolent with something I know will never happen anyway. I feel like one of those fabled zero-calorie super foods the diet freaks keep banging on about.

*editing to add* Well done everyone, you good buggers.

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Generally all participants should decide on several prize selections beforehand - that is where the spreadsheets come in handy.

Also, anyone who knows to be unable to check the forum constantly/regularly once the raffle drawing is done should provide additional contact info to the raffle officials - mobile phone number for calls/SMS seems like a good idea.

Also to be taken into consideration is that European participants are in an different time zone.

Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Generally all participants should decide on several prize selections beforehand - that is where the spreadsheets come in handy.

Also, anyone who knows to be unable to check the forum constantly/regularly once the raffle drawing is done should provide additional contact info to the raffle officials - mobile phone number for calls/SMS seems like a good idea.

Also to be taken into consideration is that European participants are in an different time zone.

Don't forget trying to hunt down the people that didn't give screen names...

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The pdf is great for just printing.

I like the spreadsheets, make several prize picks, rearrange/sort the sheet and then print it.
I can sharpen a chain, but I can’t do this high tech shift...We’ll, I can print a PDF. Sort a spreadsheet, not likely... lol

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can sharpen a chain, but I can’t do this high tech shift...We’ll, I can print a PDF. Sort a spreadsheet, not likely... lol

Thank You for clarifying. :)

For those who still don't get the purpose of these lists, read the following.

XLS spreadsheet sorting:
- open the spreadsheet
- make Your prize picks in either numerical or alphabetical order in the column "_Pick No.:" (column "B")
- select only the column "B"
- press "Sort Ascending"
- confirm the "Sort Warning" window by checking "Expand the selection" and pressing "Sort"
- voila spreadsheet has been rearranged according to Your prize pick order

View attachment 156517 View attachment 156518

ODS spreadsheet sorting:
- open the spreadsheet
- make Your prize picks in either numerical or alphabetical order in the column "_Pick No.:" (column "B")
- select only the column "B"
- press "Sort Ascending"
- confirm the "Sort Range" window by clicking "Extend selection"
- voila spreadsheet has been rearranged according to Your prize pick order

View attachment 156519 View attachment 156520

The spreadsheets can be altered however often You want or need to.

The PDF list is posted for convenience of making a printout easily, it can not be sorted unless it gets reverted back to editable text.
It is simpler than one would expect. :)