Northern Wisconsin Storm Cleanup

MarcS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It'd be a long shot for me to actually make it, but let me know where you end up. I'm not too far from where the storm hit.

Absolutely I'd keep you posted and if anyone knows of someone specific that needs help please share.

MarcS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any word on what areas got hit?
A line from Dallas to just north of Chetek and some distance east. A friend of mine is more or less taking on organizing our effort as he knows some people in the area. I figure most of my value will be keeping the saws sharp and running. If I knew more I'd let you know, hopefully more as the morning develops.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
4:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone from the forum need a hand tomorrow with storm cleanup? I'm gathering some saws and a going to head up tomorrow with a small crew of friends. Kind of early yet to know what is going on I know.
Good deed for you and the crew of buddies to offer assistance and help in this. Ya'll stay safe!

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

MarcS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a productive day with a great crew yesterday. Kept 5 saws and a skidsteer going pretty much non stop. A drop in the bucket from what's needed...I'm very impressed with the cleanup effort by so many. It has to be damn tough to have your property destroyed like that. IMG_2243.JPGIMG_2242.JPG IMG_2236.JPGIMG_2233.JPG IMG_2230.JPG

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chetek, WI Volunteers

If you know folks who would like to help, but not necessarily run a saw, the County posted the following information - this work is usually described as being self-paced, unskilled, similar to heavy yard work.

Thanks.

(I will be in the area working with one of the organized groups I volunteer with)

Philbert

"Volunteers will be accepted from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday (5/19), Saturday (5/20), and Sunday (5/21). Those interested can volunteer for all or part of these time shift as your schedule allows.

To volunteer, please report to the Volunteer Reception Center (on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only). This facility will be set up at St. Peter’s Catholic Church, located at 1618 20th Street in Cameron. This is located at the intersection of Highway 8 and Highway 53.

Please note that volunteers will need to be processed at the Volunteer Reception Center before beginning shifts. Please expect long lines and allow for extended wait periods.

Volunteers for onsite clean-up efforts must be over 18 years of age. All volunteers MUST wear closed toe shoes, long pants, long sleeve shirts, work gloves, bug/tick spray, and bring water."

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Had a productive day with a great crew yesterday. Kept 5 saws and a skidsteer going pretty much non stop. A drop in the bucket from what's needed...I'm very impressed with the cleanup effort by so many. It has to be damn tough to have your property destroyed like that. View attachment 70414View attachment 70411 View attachment 70410View attachment 70409 View attachment 70408
Makes me proud to be associated with people of your character!
Keep up the good work!!! Are you behind the camera or are you on the chaingang , either way a fine looking group of upstanding citizens!! Thank you for your time and effort... Matt

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a productive day with a great crew yesterday. Kept 5 saws and a skidsteer going pretty much non stop. A drop in the bucket from what's needed...I'm very impressed with the cleanup effort by so many. It has to be damn tough to have your property destroyed like that. View attachment 70414View attachment 70411 View attachment 70410View attachment 70409 View attachment 70408

I know we all love trees, but it sure makes you not want any within 100-200 yards of your house or any buildings.