New Ruger 9mm carbine

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ugh, Ruger totally misspelled my street name (4 out of 5 letters wrong!) and now the carbine is in Fedex limbo somewhere. And because it's a restricted shipment I can't change the delivery address or have it held somewhere for pickup. I hope they will hold it at the hub in Lexington for me, but my luck says it will go all the way back to New Hampshire instead. This is not the first time it's happened either. I'm never again having a gun delivered to my home address, they're all shipping back to my dealer from now on.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sent Ruger an e-mail about the wrong address, and they actually called me back an hour later. They apologized for the mistake and said if it is sent back to the factory, they would resend it to the correct address.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, Ruger must have been able to correct the address as Fedex just delivered the carbine. According to the repair sheet, they replaced the barrel, takedown block, and forend hanger. Included a picture of a target at 50 yards showing a 2" group at 50 yards with PMC 115 grain ammo. Hopefully I can give it a test drive tomorrow.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
5:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, Ruger must have been able to correct the address as Fedex just delivered the carbine. According to the repair sheet, they replaced the barrel, takedown block, and forend hanger. Included a picture of a target at 50 yards showing a 2" group at 50 yards with PMC 115 grain ammo. Hopefully I can give it a test drive tomorrow.
Sounds like that gun had multiple issues.
Hopefully it's sorted out and will shoot a bit better.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did shoot it a bit yesterday and the accuracy was noticeably better. I'm going to put the rest of the jacketed bullets through it, then try cast and re-evaluate.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Think I'm making some progress here. The original rear sight aperture is really big, probably .250 or so. It is not threaded for the Lyman/Williams aperture discs like most are. Just out of curiosity I tried a spare Williams WGRS aperture holder and it fit just fine. Now I can use finer aperture discs on it. Gave it a try after work and saw a huge improvement. The upper left group is around 1.5". The upper right is actually two groups of three with different aiming points.

0513211418.jpg

0513211418a.jpg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree! Ruger needs to include this type of aperture holder. The huge one it comes with is pretty useless beyond 25 yards.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
5:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree! Ruger needs to include this type of aperture holder. The huge one it comes with is pretty useless beyond 25 yards.
Did Ruger change any of the trigger assembly that your gunsmith worked on?
They have a bad habit of replacing any modified parts.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The return sheet said they replaced the hammer, however I can't tell any difference in trigger pull. Maybe they had a bad run of hammers or something. The pull wasn't incredibly low, maybe 4 pounds.