davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
1:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I gave my rancher project to one of my welders who’s fixing up a place in the country for his family. Good guy. It got stolen along with a couple grand of other tools, etc. Insurance won’t cover because unoccupied residence.

He needs another saw or two, but wants smaller than the rancher. I have been out of saws a while and am only familiar with what I own. I know the new stuff is going all electronical and junk.

So are there still good farm ranch or pro saws out there that a guy can actually work on?
Or option B, buy a good used saw from a known good seller here.

Thanks!

Sorry I been gone. Been dodging corona working and working on army trucks.
But now it’s 100f and climbing so it’s time to hide in the AC and work on all my saws for next winter’s cutting season...and some for sale.

Last edited:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^

That sucks dude was ripped off and then screwed over.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
YES. Either or...
Both very nice reliable saws

brushwacker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
MS250 stihl is right at $300 here new with warranty and dealer support. Old school, design, light weight, snappy with decent power, easy to muffler mod, and most other repairs, great parts availability. If you decide to ever sell it the resale value is good also. I still use an old 025, my go to lightweight saw most the time out of several saws under 50cc. They are not the best of everything but when it comes to value as a tool to get things done with less issues that hold u up they seem to be the best value in my neck of the woods for a 10ish pound saw.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have two Running Echo 530's and a 510 missing some parts with good compression in it. Grey 510 and red/w black trim on the 530's.
PM me before they get gone over. Or, have them finished and then shipped... your call. I have a good Echo dealer close by me. They need smalls like rope guides and little plastic bits. Had one 530 out last week for a tank or three limbing. The other has a bent handlebar but was run last year and that handle swapped over to this one. Good saws.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have two Running Echo 530's and a 510 missing some parts with good compression in it. Grey 510 and orange/w black trim on the 530's.
PM me before they get gone over. Or, have them finished and then shipped... your call. I have a good Echo dealer close by me. They need smalls like rope guides and little plastic bits. Had one 530 out last week for a tank or three limbing. The other has a bent handlebar but was run last year and that handle swapped over to this one. Good saws.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everyone needs a ported Stihl 026 as well.