High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Guys if you ran regular carb saws for years, what were your thoughts when finally got a m-tronic or autotune saw????

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I know mtronic and autotune saws have been out a while now. Anyway I just got a new ms261c and have only ran maybe 3-tanks threw her (cutting tulip which if it was dropped off for free I wouldn’t even pick up) so to me it’s a soft wood to cut…

Anyway was just wondering what your guys thoughts/opinions/complaints would be about them after running regular carbs for years (like I have)….i was reluctant but ran across a deal I couldn’t pass so I will finally find out what it’s all about!!!

Last edited:

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh by the way not trying to start any debate, just curious if you guys really liked them when you got used to them!!!!

Last edited:

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh by the way not trying to start any debate, just basically wondered if you really liked it or prefer the old standard carb still…

I have a husqvarna 545 auto tune. I really like the saw, but if it was available with regular carb, that's what I would prefer. I don't use my saws during the hot months, which is like may thru September. When I leave the auto tune sitting that long it takes 20 or more pulls to get it going. My old 50 or 55 takes between 3 and 6.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a husqvarna 545 auto tune. I really like the saw, but if it was available with regular carb, that's what I would prefer. I don't use my saws during the hot months, which is like may thru September. When I leave the auto tune sitting that long it takes 20 or more pulls to get it going. My old 50 or 55 takes between 3 and 6.
That’s wild it is so hard to start. I am anxious to bury the bar of this 261c in some hardwoods and see how she acts..

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like it. It takes the tuning factor out, but with anything new nowadays, its electronic and can fail. I've got a 261C thats ported and I love that thing. It's my main go to saw. Never had a problem starting it even though it sits sometimes. It all depends on what your preference is. Maual carbs will go and then gas powered saws are next I guess.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like it. It takes the tuning factor out, but with anything new nowadays, its electronic and can fail. I've got a 261C thats ported and I love that thing. It's my main go to saw. Never had a problem starting it even though it sits sometimes. It all depends on what your preference is. Maual carbs will go and then gas powered saws are next I guess.
Ya it’s wild how things have to be constantly “improved”….i drive old trucks, and every time I think of buying a newer one I see someone with a new truck and the tranny went out way prematurely….is there a such thing as over over engineered, some would say possibly….

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s wild it is so hard to start. I am anxious to bury the bar of this 261c in some hardwoods and see how she acts..
It's only like that when it sits for months and i have no clue why, makes no sense at all. Otherwise it starts fine and runs really good. I don't like the fact that you have to take it a dealer for any software issues.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya it’s wild how things have to be constantly “improved”….i drive old trucks, and every time I think of buying a newer one I see someone with a new truck and the tranny went out way prematurely….is there a such thing as over over engineered, some would say possibly….
BTW- I cut mostly oak and its a great saw IMO

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BTW- I cut mostly oak and its a great saw IMO
Ya I cut hardwoods only unless a tree guys drops something off for free…

Did you run your 261c very long before it was ported or did you buy it that way????

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like them both and own both, plus a 372 that needs a screwdriver. As long as all cut wood, to each his own, but run screwdriverless the most and like them. Only autotunes have been 540, 550, 550mk2, 562s, 572s & 592. Only m-Tronic is ms400.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya I cut hardwoods only unless a tree guys drops something off for free…

Did you run your 261c very long before it was ported or did you buy it that way????
No, had it ported by Doc after I got it. You might want to look into that. I loved it before but I really live it now. And its so light. I put it up there with my 044's without the weight

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like them both and own both, plus a 372 that needs a screwdriver. As long as all cut wood, to each his own, but run screwdriverless the most and like them. Only autotunes have been 540, 550, 550mk2, 562s, 572s & 592. Only m-Tronic is ms400.
You know much about or run a 545 there is a clean one for 250$ locally

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, had it ported by Doc after I got it. You might want to look into that. I loved it before but I really live it now. And its so light. I put it up there with my 044's without the weight
Did you run it very long before gettting it ported??
I dont have any saws ported by other people but I have ported a few myself, the standard carb 362 I have now I did a little widening on it….i’m damn sure not a pro at it lol!!

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you run it very long before gettting it ported??
I dont have any saws ported by other people but I have ported a few myself, the standard carb 362 I have now I did a little widening on it….i’m damn sure not a pro at it lol!!
I ran it for a little while but the plan was to get Al to port it. Glad I did but it ran good stock too. Got too many saws and not enough time!! Thats where the saw shines!!