My 2101 and me.

Daserlon

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This stupid phone i'll try again. No pics of "new" saw yet. I dont know why i cant post pics. My cell service sucks i guess

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
2:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stupid sem coil, crappy design. My kill wire is open in the epoxy. I have another one here to use but it still stinks this one crapped out.

I put my meter on a couple of the other sems I have. I reading 26 ohms between the end of the switch wire and the two mounting holes that go into the case. It would be a dead short to the case with the switch in the off position. Im mildly confused why the 26 ohm resistance doesnt kill the spark.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Heres mine with a 36". It still needs a chain tho. I just worked a deal with a friend for an old 2100 and 3 boxes of parts for $250. Still gotta pick it up. The saw is kinda rough but has pretty new top-end. Tons of compression but no spark.
Good deal sounds like a good score!

Daserlon

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good deal sounds like a good score!
When i get it in a few days i'll try to post pics. I havent had any luck posting pics tho.
Hey Redfin if you find something on the sem coil please post cuz the saw i'm picking up has no spark. I know nothing about ignition on these 2100's

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When i get it in a few days i'll try to post pics. I havent had any luck posting pics tho.
Hey Redfin if you find something on the sem coil please post cuz the saw i'm picking up has no spark. I know nothing about ignition on these 2100's
Yeah I have picture trouble here myself. You check the air gap yet, and make sure no debris between coil and magneto?

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I have picture trouble here myself. You check the air gap yet, and make sure no debris between coil and magneto?

I dont understand what gap your talking about? Did 2100s have different ignitions? On mine I do not see how the coil could be adjusted.

Daserlon

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still havent gotten the saw yet. The current owner is out of town for a few more days. How do i remove the flywheel without beating on it or the crank stub?

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont understand what gap your talking about? Did 2100s have different ignitions? On mine I do not see how the coil could be adjusted.
Should be an alien screw or two, loosen, and adjust coil, then gap with book of matches for clearance. Been awhile since I pulled mine. I will have to double check that's it, is with all my other huskys. But haven't had flywheel etc of my 2101 in quite awhile.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still havent gotten the saw yet. The current owner is out of town for a few more days. How do i remove the flywheel without beating on it or the crank stub?
Your local hardware store, generic puller or kit, fit the small puller up to flywheel, and some bolt on, some I've used I think had like claws 3 or so, that could sit under lipid flywheel, and turn the bolt with a wrench, it tightens then pulls up on flywheel. Just make sure it's seated square all around. Sometimes while turning bolt, while flywheel trying to pull lose, it can help to tap around it with a rubber mallet. No hammer.

Daserlon

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the great info. I'd hate to break something because i know parts for the 2100/2101's are getting hard to find.

Daserlon

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there a way to test the "SEM" coil for spark? This saw comes with 2 but he has no idea if they're good.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fired up the huskys the other day. Pulled a tree over for the neighboor. Hard to beat 99c.f. of stump power.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found my spark plug lead is open in the eypoxy. I just swapped out with another coil I had. Ill hold onto this one if I ever "absolutely" need it. Maybe dig out the eypoxy to find the open.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Get a cheap harmonic balancer puller and I think you'll need 3 long m6 x 1.0 bolts.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found my spark plug lead is open in the eypoxy. I just swapped out with another coil I had. Ill hold onto this one if I ever "absolutely" need it. Maybe dig out the eypoxy to find the open.
Is it running? Srcarr52 Good advise