My 2101 and me.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few years back. A friend sold me a saw, that changed my cutting world and life. Even my view of chainsaws, modern and past. Saw I received had seen some timber falling, big wood. Had a broken wrap handle, and idled up on its own, but wanted to run. I have my good pal 300 dollars, and headed home with a last run, of a 2101. No saw ever fit my hands like that, or hand the feel or sound. I started to work at getting it on the road, right away. Some frustration, it wouldn't tune, fuel line good, carb maybe? I couldn't solve it, so I went to Cloverdale saw, father son team. My good friends. They went through it, seemed a good runner now, we even log tested it. Went out on a job, a take down. Saw ran great, couple minutes later, lost tune and went backwards. Dam, saddened I just parked it a couple months, and yeah I looked at it daily. Funny thing is, how could a saw have me down, things weren't the same, it was always on my mind. Did a post about it, two Canadian brothers, loggers. Short reply, crank seal pto side. Hmm,? Ran it grabbed saw, headed to Cloverdale. Owner Chuck was there, he saw me walk in, grabbed his crutches, had a glow in his face. He wasn't in when I first brought saw with me, his son was. Chuck saw what ya got 2100? Bring it here, haven't seen one in years. I never saw him light up that way. He said what's the trouble? I told him, and where I was told to look, crank seal pto side. He said let's do it. We busted it down in minutes, sure enough, those Canadian brothers were right. I owed them one. Then I heard a sound, of a saw crackle like no other. I understood why Chuck had the look he did, because I had it now. It grabs ya or it doesn't, well it grabbed me. Since we have cut many trees, for some years now seems I end up on the big ones, at work and home, around the ranches. For awhile the average was no less than 3 foot, and closer to 4. Thing pulls like a train, rpms don't drop. Even with a newer 395, this piece of history is still worthy and a daily user, and keeps up with our newer saws, and out cuts them in bigger wood. I guess it's possible to love a saw, because I do. I want to say, from my old talks, and threads. I hope and feel. I was somewhat responsible for a 2100 resurrection, as new sales and demands started to surface, values to climb, and talk really emerged. This is my story of my saw and me. 2101xp

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You have a cell phone to text some
Photos? I can post them up if you like. Pm me if so

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice stack on that one!! One
Of mine has the velocity stack...other is stock

Mag Craft

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Nice write up. I have a 2100cd that I got from an old tree service person here. Came with a 36" bar and always puts a smile on my face when I break it out. I do not get a chance to use it real often but every now and then a big ole cotton wood gets cut down and I will buck it up with the 2100.

001.JPG

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
2:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Did someone mention 2100/2101's?

20150223_170832_zpsai0t1cba.jpg