MS261CM M-Tronic Issues and Many GFY’s

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wood was like marble Kevin. Would you like me to find another test piece of something different to retest?

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a set of spikes availible, because older ones and newer ones are different. That set can be used with the newer slim chain sprocket cover, not with the old cover. The set would be 0000 660 0800, including inner spike 1142 664 0500, outer spike 1141 664 0501, 2 screws 9008 345 0960 and 2 lock nuts 9214 320 0700.

I've swapped the new dawgs and older ones on both covers..there was no issue.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nah. Just me D Wayne.
They be looking foe POPCORN.
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Unless they've removed it on a new version of the muffler, there is a shelf that separates the intake side of the muffler from the exit, forcing the exhaust to bounce off the front of the muffler and then back into the exit hole. In other words, a baffle.
Removing this baffle hugely increases the power as well as the noise. And I mean it really increases the dB's. On the ones I do here, you will see at least a 25% improvement in cut times. I have a video showing one that improved cut times by about a 1/3. A good way to tell if your muffler has a baffle is to listen to it. If it isn't loud, it has a baffle. Another way is to remove the muffler and look into it . If you can not see all the way through it, it has a baffle. Here is one with the baffle removed and the exit widened with sunlight shining through.

158364757.gbjFojnk.jpg

I mean the front of the can. To the right side of the seam, but on the opposite side (flywheel side).

I don’t have any pics. @blsnelling used to make these sweet louvered vents in the same place on his. I can’t recreate them.

I’ll ty to get a pic for you.

You are correct, there is a baffle inside the PTO rear of the muffler. There is no baffle between the muffler entry and the front of the muffler.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Unless they've removed it on a new version of the muffler, there is a shelf that separates the intake side of the muffler from the exit, forcing the exhaust to bounce off the front of the muffler and then back into the exit hole. In other words, a baffle.
Removing this baffle hugely increases the power as well as the noise. And I mean it really increases the dB's. On the ones I do here, you will see at least a 25% improvement in cut times. I have a video showing one that improved cut times by about a 1/3. A good way to tell if your muffler has a baffle is to listen to it. If it isn't loud, it has a baffle. Another way is to remove the muffler and look into it . If you can not see all the way through it, it has a baffle. Here is one with the baffle removed and the exit widened with sunlight shining through.

158364757.gbjFojnk.jpg

I know the baffle you speak of on the version 1

There isn't one on the version 2.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 223530 Just picked up from dealer. The outer spike you are showing! Is this the match for the stock inside? And do they make a larger set?

Just order the set. It's dirt cheap.

You can buy an aftermarket set on ebay that's retarded big for a 50cc saw. Pointless in my opinion.

Last edited: