MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
but it all rotated around the .270 Win

No No No, the 270, 280, 25-06, 35 Whalen, are all derived from the 30-06. And if you load the 06 to 270 pressures, you realize there is no need for the other cartridges, not that there is anything wrong with them.

An exception would be the Whalen for dangerous game.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 30-06 is a versatile mountain rifle, lightweight and can be loaded to anything I need to take in Oz. I just use a 170 grain flat-nosed 30-30 bullet at 2,400 fps and it does everything I need and doesn't ruin any meat - above 2,400 fps the shock wave does more damage than the bullet.

Check the bullet drop on a high BC 170 grain bullet and a flat-nose, flat-base bullet running at 2,400 fps. At 100 yards the drop is .2 of an inch, not enough to worry about at hunting ranges. The flat nose hits a Hell of a lot harder and doesn't want to deflect through brush.

Like saws, run what you want.

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
7:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
YEah............ you see in Australia we don't gauge a weapon on how well it will kill a human.

Just the fact that a thread about a chainsaw can digress into what round will take down humans better is scary stuff.

And for the record, Im pro gun, have been shooting since I was 10 years old.

Just thought I would throw that out there..... its kinda messed up.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
YEah............ you see in Australia we don't gauge a weapon on how well it will kill a human.

Just the fact that a thread about a chainsaw can digress into what round will take down humans better is scary stuff.

Sup Tony?

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
4:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No No No, the 270, 280, 25-06, 35 Whalen, are all derived from the 30-06. And if you load the 06 to 270 pressures, you realize there is no need for the other cartridges, not that there is anything wrong with them.

An exception would be the Whalen for dangerous game.
I realize what the parent case is Mike..
The .270 was just the first variant to really get traction with the help of Jack O’Connor..

Ok, that’s it....

No longer do you get the distinguished title
Paul Bunyan Mike...

You’ve been demoted to “Captain Obvious” till further notice..

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I realize what the parent case is Mike..
The .270 was just the first variant to really get traction with the help of Jack O’Connor..

Ok, that’s it....

No longer do you get the distinguished title
Paul Bunyan Mike...

You’ve been demoted to “Captain Obvious” till further notice..
Lmao

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I have to agree here. I live in an area that has probably among the highest per capita firearm ownership of anywhere, and our murder rate is zero. They are tools for harvesting game and controlling predators, and we're all too busy doing that to shoot each other.

Back to the other loud dangerous things that we all enjoy. I wonder if frogskinz could make a super heat resistant version, to use on mufflers. Ultimate muffler mod material!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No one WANTS to shoot another human, but the whole purpose of our second amendment is not for hunting, but for self defense.

Also, the discussion started about carrying a handgun. The purpose of doing so is no to go hunting.

The whole reason I conducted ballistic testing was to assess hunting bullets, however the testing of handgun bullets and the 223 was also enlightening.

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also, the discussion started about carrying a handgun. The purpose of doing so is no to go hunting.

Actually it all started with Scott showing us what he’s learning about a chainsaw. Then the short attention span crowd saw a squirrel and now we’re on the finer points of gubnament.

So I’ll throw down too. When are we gonna do away with the penny!? Mandatory law, everything you’re buying gets rounded down to the nearest $.05. Everybody’s pay gets rounded up to the nearest $.05.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually it all started with Scott showing us what he’s learning about a chainsaw. Then the short attention span crowd saw a squirrel and now we’re on the finer points of gubnament.

So I’ll throw down too. When are we gonna do away with the penny!? Mandatory law, everything you’re buying gets rounded down to the nearest $.05. Everybody’s pay gets rounded up to the nearest $.05.
I’ll give you a “penny for your thoughts.”lol

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

my better idea, eliminate cash altogether and tax all transactions 1% no other taxes at all and no exceptions :)
Dave

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
4:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I know right? I think it has been 5 years at least since we eliminated our penny.