TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t give 2 *Phüks what you or your dealer thinks neither of you have ran a mtronic for very much time
I’m still waiting on you to give links to all the stihl problems you say in every *frenching post give us that proof or stfu
Easy Rod, Easy!!!

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like any of you posting know how durable any of these saws are going to be... [emoji11]
atleast I bought one to see
And have plenty of the mtronic saws to know how they are
I have not seen a video from Europe on just how bad the mtronic stuff is and I’d like to see more proof

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not my job to provide you with anything, not like you would believe them anyways, your head is shoved to far up stihls ass for that.
just like you would suck one for a homeowner husky and give change back

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guys. We all gotta relax in here. Not really that important. You buy what you think is best.
Come on now.
Simma down now!!!
I find brand Wars of any kind silly, always have, never understood it. I guess it's like politics, people get locked in.[emoji111]

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm using this saw since august, full time. And I agree with him. Torque, throttle response, air filtration, AV system...everything is great. And most important, this saw is rock solid. I never have any issues with it, never skipped a bit, never loose a bolt, never failed to start, hot or cold. No brand bashing, but 462 users can't say the same, by far.

Honestly, it's just awesome to run a so reliable saw. Just love it, and all the guys I know with this saw are thinking like me.

MTronic related, I think. not idling well, sometimes they won't restart. I saw 2 seized ones, the dealer said it's because the fuel filter is too restrictive, and if dirty it won't let enough oil passing through it. Sounds ridiculous.

And a few classic filter issues, almost all of the 462's owners I know have already replaced the oil pump, but that's because of the crappy biological chain oil I suppose.

For cons, when they don't have issues, these 462's are awesome, they sound great, and the power to weight ratio is amazing for a stock saw.

But I don't regret to choose the 572.

For those who might actually care

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
And the one from a dealer in MA
Well, it used to be. LOL

Truth is, unfortunately, that the Husky vs Stihl thing is always going to be lurking in these discussions. Just waiting for someone to light a match and set it off. It just can't be avoided. What I don't understand is why fans of one brand will even waste their time hanging out in a thread of the "other" brand. But as I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and free to share it here.

So, that being the case, here's one that I heard today that I would normally not pass on, but since this is where this thread has gone...…….here ya go. Went to a buddy's shop over in MA today to drop off a few of these cheaply made 572's. Word over there is that the 462's are garbage and the pro guys hate them. They don't like running them, the side covers break easy, the chip deflectors fall out, running issues. Much of this is actually coming from the local dealer over there who is unhappy with these saws. Not just 1 or 2 out of 6, but the majority of them. Oh yeah, and they're $1200 besides.

Now don't anybody get upset about that or over react. Cause ya know, it's just a couple guys opinions and you shouldn't let it get under your skin. ;)

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If you have something to add to the thread them post it, positive or negative, that's the point of these things, I never bashed the 462 I posted what I saw, hell how could I not like the 462? It has all the husky features I love. Maybe in a few years I will be able to afford a good used one.

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For those who might actually care
Was gonna sit in the corner and enjoy my popcorn and Netflix on this one but having said that.

So modules that are being replaced. Ok *s-word module maybe, needed recalibration maybe. Fun fact on MT saws; if you shut it down before it comes to a complete idle it will mess up the settings and make recalibration nearly impossible. Seizures have no excuse for. Funny how nothing has been posted with pics as the general masses LOOOOOVE carnage pictures but maybe they are just covering themselves since it is a new saw. And want to keep it hush. Ok I’ll leave that one to sleep. And too restrictive of a fuel filter? You’ve got to be joking... if you have that ravaged of a dirty fuel filter that it’s starving the saw, I for one would be PRAISING the filter that that chit didn’t go into a $125 Zama (with their spotty quality control) and wipe out that. And second I would go find the person in charge of mixing fuel and give them a chewing.

And for those who care? Hell I like reading forums to find information and firsthand experience. What makes OPE a favorite is you don’t normally have to sift through the “well my sister’ boyfriend’s uncle said...” Do I believe either one of these saws are bulletproof. No... absolutely not. But I’m not gonna sit over there like a jackass pointing with one hand and pecker in the other yelling “catch my orange rain”...

Figure it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you have something to add to the thread them post it, positive or negative, that's the point of these things, I never bashed the 462 I posted what I saw, hell how could I not like the 462? It has all the husky features I love. Maybe in a few years I will be able to afford a good used one.
I can get you a good deal just say the word![emoji16]