User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Long time Husqvarna fan here
All my saws are huskys except 1
I got a Ms 462 standard carb and love it
If I could have found a standard carb 572 I would have got it
I think I'm glad I didn't
The 462 is so much like a husky in my opinion its a fast reving light weight saw with air injection and it handles great

I'm old school and electronics never last long in my experience I'm also hundreds of miles from any husky or stihl dealers so that's why I try to avoid AT saws

In my humble opinion and with only around 20 tanks thru it I think the Ms 462 is a home run for stihl

I don't know what I'll do in the future with husky going auto tune only
And stihl going fuel injection

Crap I probably just piston off everyone husky guys and stihl guys O Well
That's my thoughts

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 462 is so much like a husky in my opinion its a fast reving light weight saw with air injection and it handles great

I'm old school and electronics never last long in my experience I'm also hundreds of miles from any husky or stihl dealers so that's why I try to avoid AT saws

In my humble opinion and with only around 20 tanks thru it I think the Ms 462 is a home run for stihl

That's my thoughts

Naw......you just pissed off Dustin.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I welcome your thoughts and feedback in any of the proper threads, I thought this was the 462 thread? I didn't realize it was the "Stihl fan club only 462 thread". I do agree some of the tank vents could be better though. Same as the 462 control modules apparently, this has been an issue since the 661 at least, would have thought they would have fixed that for there new flag ship saw.
you are failing to mention how many problems the huskies are having and if you need to put a bigger dawg on a saw to keep it upright then the saw is *f-wording pathetic

That's my thoughts
lol i have 2 new in box 461 in my closet still factory taped boxes
that guy is a *f-wording retard and if you scroll down in the comments im sure you will see my comments to him letting him know he is

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Huskies have there own share of issues no doubt but Stihl must have liked a lot of there design to copy them ie: spring AV, air injection, course husky did copy the flilly cap, but they inproved it. Stihl has been behind the last 20 years in design, if the 462 holds up, it will be a big hit, like the other guy said, it feels like a husky.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Huskies have there own share of issues no doubt but Stihl must have liked a lot of there design to copy them ie: spring AV, air injection, course husky did copy the flilly cap, but they inproved it. Stihl has been behind the last 20 years in design, if the 462 holds up, it will be a big hit, like the other guy said, it feels like a husky.
but without the loose or missing screws
without needing a *f-wording kickstand
and springs suited for the saw not a limp dick like huskies are

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
be03e22866b1be851cdd1ed3bfd080ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just remember your new technology was being used by Husqvarna backing the early 1990s, my 262, 254 and others came standard with air injection and spring AV back then. If you don't like the feel of a husky you surely can't like the feel of a 261,361,362 or 462, cause they sure feel like a husky, you may be to stubborn to admit it, but that's just fact. So enjoy.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I agree Jeff, they booth copy things from each other, competition is good for booth companies, I will run them all, and be honest about them all. If echo ever gets there bars in line with others I will give them a try also, to me the best bang for the buck in the 70cc saw is still the Makita 7900 jmo.