ms 462

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I almost posted this on another site, but I think they are getting a little defensive over there, so I will post it here!

I love the way my 462 runs, and I think it is perfect with a 20" light bar. The trigger response is instant, which makes it real nice for limbing also. It is rare that I don't feel a need to have a saw ported, but this 462 and my 044 just seem to run real well as they are, and I just did a little muff mod to the 462. The 462 just runs real darn well for it's weight. I think Stihl will sell a ton of them.

Maybe fellers will prefer something more heavy duty, but most of the tree guys around here run 20" bars, and I just can not imagine that this power head will not be just about perfect for them.

I really like the old saws too, but if you pair a 462 with a 261 C V-II, that is a tough combo to beat! Not much it can't do. Maybe add a 28" bar hybrid (or 500i when they come out) and, IMO, Stihl is holding the Trump cards. Lighter saws with more power.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If they hold up, which seems like it could be there weak point from reading other posts from members in Europe and here in the states already.
you mean like the *f-worded up 550s and other 5 series saws ? damn maybe you should quit sucking the orange *s-word

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe you should try a real saw:)
it sure as *f-word isnt a husky
i dont like a 30 pound saw such as the *f-wording 395 and you are not considering a 462 is not gonna be a loggers regular saw
it isnt gonna replace the 661
the 462 is replacing most peoples big saw
i dont like the vibes the *f-wording huskies have i dont like you have to use a *f-wording kickstand to keep them standing up
i dont like having to take the cylinder off to work on the carb
where else do you want me to say

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotta try them all if you want to be objective about it. Can't just drink the 1 flavor of koolaid and say it's the best. I have ran the 462 and the 572, neither made me want to open my wallet yet.
the *f-word i do why are you in a stihl thread running a saw down you have only ran once
if you dont plan on owning one maybe you should just move on
do you see me in the 572 thread talking *B-S.... on something i dont know ?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I mean ffs you have been against the mtronic saws since they came around but yet your like a broken record
Atleast the mtronic you can reset without going to a dealer like you do with husky

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A plus one for the mtronic, I point out facts, no saw is immune to having issues, my point is you wnt even try the other brand so you cant say it's junk, at least objectively. I will try any saw and say what I like and what I don't like. I favor huskies sure, don't mean I want give the stihl.a fair shake. When I used it I expected more of a wow factor from the reports, same for the 572, neither gave me that. The Stihl is light and agile, great sprimg AV, and air injection, all good things. I just expected more WOW. BTW most loggers here run 70cc saws, few run 90. We just don't have big wood left.