Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh yeah, I remember all that ruckus over the tires. I burn tires occasionally and kill snakes too. Like Bill, I don't really care what people think about it.
I look at it this way.

Those who do not want me recycling tires into fuel for brush pile fires are more than welcome to come here, clean up all the used tires along the my road (which I do), and burn my brush.

Those who do not like me dispatching snakes are welcome to come here, collect them, take them home with them, and cuddle up.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I look at it this way.

Those who do not want me recycling tires into fuel for brush pile fires are more than welcome to come here, clean up all the used tires along the my road (which I do), and burn my brush.

Those who do not like me dispatching snakes are welcome to come here, collect them, take them home with them, and cuddle up.

Exactly.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
People who burn garbage and tires just make it hard on others. Local townships pass ordinances to stop heating with OWB’s. Great for the environment and next generation, most items including tires can be recycled. Hope you stand down wind to get full effect of those actions.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
People who burn garbage and tires just make it hard on others. Local townships pass ordinances to stop heating with OWB’s. Great for the environment and next generation, most items including tires can be recycled. Hope you stand down wind to get full effect of those actions.
Be happy you still have township government.
We still do and it is great.
We still have weed inspectors also.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Folks probably think I am joking but we do have them here. I will add more later as I need to make some calls on saws.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
10:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When the only dump within 1hr+ of driving wants $100 a tire to recycle them I say they can gfy. If going green is that important to them why do they charge that much? To give an example, while brushing his newly acquired property my brother discovered ~20 tires. On one hand, he can pay $2k to recycle them. On the other hand, there's a nice big brush pile sitting there waiting to get torched. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't really want to pay $2k to clean up someone else's junk tires. Fortunately he found a place that I think only charged $40 to recycle 8 tires. It took 3 trips, but they all got properly recycled. Going there was over 1.5hr round trip, but worth it since he could haul a dump trailer full of trash there and 8 tires in the bed of his truck and it was still cheaper than using the dump 20 minutes away and just paying to dump the trash.

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
recycling tires is a bit of a myth. with the types of steel belts they have they can't really be dealt with in a cost effective way. So, they wind up in special landfills just like all those stupid windmill blades.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
South Carolina had a real problem with people just storing garbage on their own land back in the 80s and early 90s . Every township has its own FREE recycling center and garbage dumpsters. It includes 4 tires per month and unlimited oil repository. I think 15 gallons of paint or chemicals a month are included and good paints are put in a bin for anyone who wants it.
In the early 2000s they just gave you a new oil drip pan when you brought the old one in full of oil.
This program hires a bunch of old vets, so people don't F around at these places, it really helped clean up rural areas.