davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
10:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As much as I think a lot of his posts here are nonsensical, out there, potentially affected by inebriation, not being good at “the internet” and stubbornness-a lot of this comes from his time on the “other” forum. I struggle to judge a man by posts on the internet, but here have been my observations.

Bill invaded the Forestry & Logging forum on, berating people with politics, religion, and so on. Eventually a lot of us left because we didn’t want to put up with it and even as we rebuked him he just came back for more. Most of “us” didn’t come here, FWIW. I also think there were some left coast blowhards there that were stirring the pot, too.

What sticks out the most to me is when he started over there with some nonsensical thread about how an employer didn’t want something (guns) on their property and someone (his son, if I remember correctly) almost lost a job because of it at a place people make careers where he’s from. He called blamed liberals for it all-much less suggesting the almost-fired take some accountability for their actions.

It didn’t sit well with me. Still doesn’t. It just showed a self-entitled, ignorant worldview that I disagree with as a longtime business owner and employer. I hate the politics/religion stuff, but for whatever reason I felt compelled to call it out.

The guy is always close to, or causing drama. Yada yada. We don’t allow politics here, which is good. We have bigger fish to fry, like the ideal port timing numbers for a 395.

Who is us? I have always had a hard time with personalities at AS. Stubborn, rude, narrow minded, don’t share/teach. Just a bunch of grouchy old codgers it seems. There’s a thread asking what happened to the logging forum. Someone correctly answered that well, they are a bunch of ****heads, and everyone else left.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As I start to type this message at 10:24 pm I am sitting in the shed watching another storm roll through. Apparently today there was a storm on the site also. I was not aware of the thread but I sure am now. I have read through the thread in it's entirety and I will say there has been a whole lot of valuable conversation. I just saw this thread about 40 minutes ago and that was after I hung up the phone talking with a good friend regarding saws and life in general. I am a phone guy, always have been, always will. I have read each and every comment in this thread. I will say anyone who has any issues with me I sure wish they would contact me via the mode of their choice. That can be PM, email, text, or old school phone. Heck just stop by in the evening. I am 4 miles west of the Illinois City Church to the Wrayville Church. Go north and wind back the road till you see my place, ignore the dead end sign. I am still alive.

Or just get me a call in the evening 309-507-4249

Catbuster

Roadbuilder Extraordinaire
Local time
1:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who is us? I have always had a hard time with personalities at AS. Stubborn, rude, narrow minded, don’t share/teach. Just a bunch of grouchy old codgers it seems. There’s a thread asking what happened to the logging forum. Someone correctly answered that well, they are a bunch of ****heads, and everyone else left.

Rwoods, northman logging (a blowhard but a knowledgable one), madhatte, Skeans, slowp (west coast biased but a very, very good forester), Gologit (a real, old blowhard logger), and RandyMac (another old blowhard logger) kinda made up the core there.

Most of them are gone or sparse. All are/were incredible sources of knowledge. That’s alright, I guess. I think a lot of them were expecting to be discussing with their peers, and that may have seemed elitist. Most of them were west coasters, they looked down on a lot of other outfits. I wasn’t one of them, but that’s another story. I’ve got a little more species diversity in my experience. But, man, they could teach about high lead shows, forest road layout, and so on.

I dunno how much more I can, or want to say here.

@Bill G- No hard feelings, bud, but putting your personal phone number or location out on the internet for all to see isn’t a smart thing to do.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
10:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In all seriousness, outside of when Oliver left AS and came here I really dgaf about internet things. If someone on here bugs me, I ignore them. I've bought a saw from Bill, it was in the same shape he said it was in, and the whole business deal went smoothly. I've got no issues with him and my only gripe pertaining to him was the cadre of trolls that would tail him. I say keep him.

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In all seriousness, outside of when Oliver left AS and came here I really dgaf about internet things. If someone on here bugs me, I ignore them. I've bought a saw from Bill, it was in the same shape he said it was in, and the whole business deal went smoothly. I've got no issues with him and my only gripe pertaining to him was the cadre of trolls that would tail him. I say keep him.
Keep Bill but for God sakes don't let the AS trolls in here 😬

Cantdog

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well....I mean.....he has consistantly, year after year, been rated as number 4 prostitute in all of Kazakhstan...can't argue with that achievement!! Hard place to make a go in that profession LOL! I don't always agree with what Bill posts but nor do I have to. meh.

jcarlberg

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fellas.....we've been having some issues, and I would appreciate some help. A lot of folks have been attacking Bill G here. One got banned because nearly his entire history on OPE is one attack after another without any other content. We can't allow members to just attack anyone here without reason....so I'm asking for someone to come forward to help me understand why these folks seem to hate this fella so much. I've heard that he was abusive to people in sale threads....but nothing concrete.

I'm not a member of Arborist Site any more, and haven't been for a few years.....so if this animosity is stemming from something that happened there....I'm unaware. Help me to understand.....
I have never had even the slightest bit of trouble with Bill G.

Then again, I have never actually heard of Bill G so there's that.