Let's Talk With Bill G Awhile

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have no problem with Bill G being being here, so far anyway, lol...
I'm sure some of the issues here spill over from the AS P&R hatefest and probably other forums, where Bill is/was very opinionated and spoke his mind, often. Whatever...
The other thing that comes to mind is that he rarely posts prices on his numerous f/s posts, which seems to annoy some people to no end.
I don't particularly care for it either but if ya don't like it then don't buy it and quit *b-wordin about it, it's his sale...

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never had dealings with the man but was involved with AS when alot of Bill G hate was going around. But reading this thread he seems like hes an honest dude, and thats getting really hard to find nowadays. So what if his hemmorhoids flare up once in awhile. I know mine do and probably 99% of this forum. People have the choice to be in or out. Trust is what makes up a community, not feelings....

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
10:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As I start to type this message at 10:24 pm I am sitting in the shed watching another storm roll through. Apparently today there was a storm on the site also. I was not aware of the thread but I sure am now. I have read through the thread in it's entirety and I will say there has been a whole lot of valuable conversation. I just saw this thread about 40 minutes ago and that was after I hung up the phone talking with a good friend regarding saws and life in general. I am a phone guy, always have been, always will. I have read each and every comment in this thread. I will say anyone who has any issues with me I sure wish they would contact me via the mode of their choice. That can be PM, email, text, or old school phone. Heck just stop by in the evening. I am 4 miles west of the Illinois City Church to the Wrayville Church. Go north and wind back the road till you see my place, ignore the dead end sign. I am still alive.

Or just get me a call in the evening 309-507-4249
Good to see you're still alive Bill..

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy I don’t see how in the world you have the time to work saws and moderate this forum too, but I want you to know I think you do a great job and I appreciate it.
Scott
Gearing up for hay cutting now Scott. About 50 acres.
Never had dealings with the man but was involved with AS when alot of Bill G hate was going around. But reading this thread he seems like hes an honest dude, and thats getting really hard to find nowadays. So what if his hemmorhoids flare up once in awhile. I know mine do and probably 99% of this forum. People have the choice to be in or out. Trust is what makes up a community, not feelings....
Well said Tom.

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
+1 for Bill G, I would not mind spending a day or two at his shop learning from him!

I started out at AS (not long ago), but migrated here, found there are better discussions, instructions, saw teardown/rebuilds and advice here! I am grateful for the plethora of threads, I read the ones that interest me and ignore those that don't, same with the comments that are made.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
8:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
+1 for Bill G, I would not mind spending a day or two at his shop learning from him!

I started out at AS (not long ago), but migrated here, found there are better discussions, instructions, saw teardown/rebuilds and advice here! I am grateful for the plethora of threads, I read the ones that interest me and ignore those that don't, same with the comments that are made.
I totally agree with this post.

bretts

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know who Bill G is, I started out on AS but was kicked out of there as one of the moderators took umbrage at me for calling him out.
I migrated here and found this to be a far superior site, much more informative and the people are better here.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I still visit AS at times but not very much. I've read some of bill's posts over there and while some were a bit off the wall, I did not find them offensive. There are a few over there that I find very abrasive. The worst one lately is bwalker. He knows everything about everything and everyone else is wrong. I think he was here years ago. That's the kind of people that need banned, not bill.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still visit AS at times but not very much. I've read some of bill's posts over there and while some were a bit off the wall, I did not find them offensive. There are a few over there that I find very abrasive. The worst one lately is bwalker. He knows everything about everything and everyone else is wrong. I think he was here years ago. That's the kind of people that need banned, not bill.
+1

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
bwalker is banned here.

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It might have been the photos of when he burned himself badly with cooking oil that got BillG banned at AS.

They hurt just to look at.
He never got banned for that issue.
His pics weren’t nearly as bad as some in the “accident “ threads.