davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
5:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like that “whichever way “ cut. Guess he was increasing the odds of it going where he wanted it to
I think he wanted right or left and got the third option: straight at him. Run!

I saw a good on on the Aussie firewood group on fb. Three stihls stuck in 3 leaners barber chaired.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did he make it out? Does anybody here know him?
There's a longer/larger vid that showed him moving higher up on the bank outside of where the tree fell so I'm pretty sure he got out okay. As for knowing him, I'd say @jacob j. would be our best bet, and if he doesn't know him he may know someone who does.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did he make it out? Does anybody here know him?
There's a longer/larger vid that showed him moving higher up on the bank outside of where the tree fell so I'm pretty sure he got out okay. As for knowing him, I'd say @jacob j. would be our best bet, and if he doesn't know him he may know someone who does.

He made it out alright - the guy is in one of the logging groups on Facebook that I'm also in. He said he knew it was hollow with some heart rot higher up but he thought
he had enough solid wood on the stump to get it down safely.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dead standing black locust leaner.
Back and side leaning black locust.
This is the one laying to the left of the double stump in the last picture.
Not sure why the closer hinge looks so thin, it wasn't, but was cut off more as it fell.
20220531_130747.jpg 20220531_130718.jpg 20220531_130801.jpg

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice job.
Thanks man. Been a while since I've dropped anything that needed much help going the way I wanted. I'll have the woodshed filled with enough to keep us warm till summer of 2024, so unless I can drum up some more tree work I probably won't do a lot of cutting till fall. Of course, I can go out and drop something dead now and then in the neighbors woods for more firewood to sell this fall, very low right now.