Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
7:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did FINALLY get some bars shipped to @Brewz
Your a bloody legend mate!

I find it amusing and disapointing that bars made in Australia can be purchased by a store in America, marked up for profit by the store, purchased, pay for domestic postage in the US and then international postage back to Australia cheaper than I can but them here even after exchange rate increase of about 25%

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
5:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your a bloody legend mate!

I find it amusing and disapointing that bars made in Australia can be purchased by a store in America, marked up for profit by the store, purchased, pay for domestic postage in the US and then international postage back to Australia cheaper than I can but them here even after exchange rate increase of about 25%
Everyone at my shop got a good laugh.

Sending Aussie made bars back to Australia cuz you can't get em there

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Greg also set me up with loops for my echos with the oddball drive link counts oregon lgx i think. I've always used stihl rsc chain but the oregon has impressed me.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
11:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I personally do not think Oregon = junk. They may not be the best, but they are very usuable. I think they are good.

I generally agree, and have said so many times - but I haven't tried the cheapest laminated ones, only Power Match and (mostly) ProLite.

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
7:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everyone at my shop got a good laugh.

Sending Aussie made bars back to Australia cuz you can't get em there

We can get them, they just price them just under the imported Oregon bars so you think you are getting a cheaper locally made product.
The exchange rate makes American imports expensive so its lose lose for us. Its common here which is why everyone in the know in Australia shops more from China and America than from Australia.

A 20" GB pro top bar is about $90 - $100 AU here and a 20" loop of Oregon chain is about $40

@Deets066 will have 2 x 20" titanium bars (NLA but better than the Pro Top) and a chain landed at my front door for $212 AU.
Not much cheaper but considering over $100 of that is postage.............

Oregon chain is $200+ AU for a 25' roll and over $600AU for 100' roll and I am fairly sure that is a mates rates price I was given.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We can get them, they just price them just under the imported Oregon bars so you think you are getting a cheaper locally made product.
The exchange rate makes American imports expensive so its lose lose for us. Its common here which is why everyone in the know in Australia shops more from China and America than from Australia.

A 20" GB pro top bar is about $90 - $100 AU here and a 20" loop of Oregon chain is about $40

@Deets066 will have 2 x 20" titanium bars (NLA but better than the Pro Top) and a chain landed at my front door for $212 AU.
Not much cheaper but considering over $100 of that is postage.............

Oregon chain is $200+ AU for a 25' roll and over $600AU for 100' roll and I am fairly sure that is a mates rates price I was given.

I suspect the US prices will go up once GB bars has gained a sizable market share and brand recognition there (if they ever do)?

Of course they have the brand recognition on forums like this (despite it for some time was damaged by the rumors that all their bars were made in China) - but most prospective buyers aren't on such forums.

This is of course speculation, not facts.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I generally agree, and have said so many times - but I haven't tried the cheapest laminated ones, only Power Match and (mostly) ProLite.
Same for me. I have only used their best bars and chains. Powermatch plus bars.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He seems to carry many bars for Husqvarna and not many for Stihl.
Good deal Deets.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I spoke to GB a couple months back and they told me that there was currently no distributor in the US and the bars at LCS were likely old stock at run out prices.

Could explain why there supplies are dwindeling

That possibility is something that has worried me as well for a while.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just bought two Stihl mount 16" 3/8 bars +2 loops of Oregon semi-chisel, two 12" 3/8lp A041 bars+3 loops of Oregon full chisel, one 66dl loop of .325 full chisel, one 105 DL loop of Oregon semi-chisel, and about 8 various rim sprockets. Total before shipping was $150.

Unfortunately, shipping might be up to $48, but they're gonna try to fit it all in a flat rate box. Keeping my fingers crossed for that.

Very happy with their prices.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow. That is awesome. Are they Oregon Bars?

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I'm far from sure that those RSN bars are "nice", as they likely are China products - but then the RSN tips of Cannon bars are said to be as well, and the pics I have seen of them makes that very likely - they look like crap.

As it looks, the only bar brands that are 100% "high end" are Tsumura and SugiHara regarding RSN bars - but there may be more regarding laminated bars (like Stihl and Husky).

Then always avoid bars with some sort of "combination" mount, as they always seem to create some trouble.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice to me Troll. For the price he paid, they are very nice. Be positive and open minded for once. Remember, the glass is half full, not half empty. Think positive. Life is too short.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm far from sure that those RSN bars are "nice", as they likely are China products - but then the RSN tips of Cannon bars are said to be as well, and the pics I have seen of them makes that very likely - they look like crap.

As it looks, the only bar brands that are 100% "high end" are Tsumura and SugiHara regarding RSN bars - but there may be more regarding laminated bars (like Stihl and Husky).

Then always avoid bars with some sort of "combination" mount, as they always seem to create some trouble.

You're certainly right, they might be crap. At $9 a pop I'll give them a shot, though. Local Stihl dealer wants $40 for a 16" Rollomatic E. If these bars are 25% as good, it's a win.

Plus, they're orange, which speaks for itself. :)