High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

left coast supplies

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
3:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You're certainly right, they might be crap. At $9 a pop I'll give them a shot, though. Local Stihl dealer wants $40 for a 16" Rollomatic E. If these bars are 25% as good, it's a win.

Plus, they're orange, which speaks for itself. :)

I would still buy a Rollomatic E over those bars (if they happened to fit any of my saws, they don't at the moment), as I believe they will last at least 4 times as long, and be nicer in the process - but there is only one way to tell for sure....

The last bars I bought for 50cc saws were laminated SugiHara "Superlights" - and my only observation so far is that they are slightly heavier than Norwegian made Husky bars of the same configuration - so not really "Superlight", in my book. The difference is minute though, and I expect them to last longer than the Husky bars.

Last edited:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live within 70miles of the Griffith & Bereens (GB) factory and distributer and can buy bars more than 65% cheaper out of the States even after paying a hefty shipping cost. To say that sux is a large understatement!! Last time I phoned them a couple of years back wanting a 36" Titanium RSN bar I was quoted over $400... I cannot remember the exact price as toward the end of the call smoke and flames were coming out muh ears.:cursing:

Last edited:

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I live within 70miles of the Griffith & Greens (GB) factory and distributer and can buy bars more than 65% cheaper out of the States even after paying a hefty shipping cost. To say that sux is a large understatement!! Last time I phoned them a couple of years back wanting a 36" Titanium RSN bar I was quoted over $400... I cannot remember the exact price as toward the end of the call smoke and flames were coming out muh ears.:cursing:

The pricing is of course adjusted for the market - it never will be "fair" across markets,

It is a fact that chainsaws and associated items are almost free in the US compared to anywhere else - but the exchange rates and freight determines what is worth importing (some times back) from there.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We may be more reasonable than other places, but when the pros pay about $1,000 for a 461 or $1,200 for a 661, none of them that I know think they are cheap. The competition for work, especially with the flood of illegals we have in this Country, keeps the profit margins very thin.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We may be more reasonable than other places, but when the pros pay about $1,000 for a 461 or $1,200 for a 661, none of them that I know think they are cheap. The competition for work, especially with the flood of illegals we have in this Country, keeps the profit margins very thin.
There has been some "shift" in pricing lately, so it no longer is as tempting to import saws from the US as it was 10 (or 5) years ago. A lot of it has to do with exchange rates, but that still isn't the full story.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In our local classifields & eBay under the search of 'chainsaw' you would get 75 Chinese saw ads for every 1 OEM ad advertised. The cheap imports are really cheap and the quality brands are really expensive. For example a 50cc pro saw from husky or Stihl will retail around $1200-1500 & a knockoff China saw will retail for $100-150. People are buying the cheap junk hook line & sinker. I like a free market & competition but the market seems flooded with Chinese imports. Its funny in a time of global warming when OEM's work really hard to meet stringent emission regs, disposable OPE with none of this floods the market and ends up in the garbage bin so quickly. They should be taxed and made to comply with the rules others do.

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
tried to get on their website... get this 403 error message..... not super computer smart... this an issue with my settings?

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I tried yesterday and got the same message, I think they are doing web site maintenance. I would try again or just call them.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just to update, it appears that the website is back online.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got my package from LCS yesterday. The GB bars look good after a visual inspection. LCS even refunded part of my shipping cost after a website miscalculation. Great guys to do business with.

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was able to get on a day or so after my last post... forgot to post back here that all was a ok....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey, I just want to throw out a plug for these guys. Gregg has a great sale going on right now AND free shipping on orders over $50. I just ordered a few loops of chain and some wedges this afternoon. I have had nothing but great service from LCS and I'll for sure be buying from them in the future!