High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Joncutter G2500 problem. bogs in any wood

fraps8

OPE Member
Local time
1:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So I have had this saw for over a year now. And I use it A LOT. for some reason lately it's just been trash. If I try and cut any wood more than 2" wide it just bogs out and the chain stops moving. Took me like 1 minute to cut through a 3" wide tree branch the other day. I have adjusted the carb, and cleaned out the air filter. It idles fine and all that. Just it can't cut anything...

I watched a video today of this thing brand new on youtube and he cut through a 10" tree and it only bogged out on him once. No way in hell my saw could ever do that. Feels like I have a 5cc saw at this point.

What could this problem be? What is it like when the clutch needs replacement?

fraps8

OPE Member
Local time
1:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
From more reading online it could be the muffler screen? the saw runs perfectly and starts perfectly. Just it has no power at all under any load. I'll check the muffler screen when I go back to camp this weekend. Anything else it could be?

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Muffler screen, or maybe low compression, or too lean/carb issue. I have a saw that has a lean bog issue I hope to start working on soon. I had another do that, and did a number of things: set the carb heat shutter to summer position, cleaned the carb, which wasn't dirty, and tweaked the metering lever up very slightly under the diaphragm.