blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
7:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A
Some people have even said they think Brad blew it up on purpose. I'm not sure a more insane theory has been floated yet, but that one is the reason I'm sorta annoyed about the whole thing......
Wow. That's ludicrous. I don't even want to know who said that! First of all, I would NEVER do something like that, and I think any logical person would know that. Besides, I would have nothing to gain with such a stunt.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most I've seen ingested something .However one my BIL had,a 10-10 Mac he tried running it on 20 percent nitro and aviation gasoline some 30 years ago .Poor old Mac just gave up the ghost .I've got that piston BTW .Brad would not have sabotaged the damn saw now .What kind of BS is that?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As far as a hone goes I don't use them .I've got a Lisle precision hone with the hard stones to do plated lining but all I've ever done with it is size the cast iron liner I made for a 125 McCulloch some years back .A stone or brush hone cannot remove ovality or taper,a precision hone can .

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
6:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow. That's ludicrous. I don't even want to know who said that! First of all, I would NEVER do something like that, and I think any logical person would know that. Besides, I would have nothing to gain with such a stunt.
I agree! Thats just silly for somebody to think or say that

Mr. TBE

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hi I'm new here so I'm having a little bit of a hard time understanding what happened here.

OP, you took the saw (partially) apart to take pics but did not bother fixing any of the problems?!? And then pinned the throttle till something let go while you happened to be videoing. Why???

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi I'm new here so I'm having a little bit of a hard time understanding what happened here.

OP, you took the saw (partially) apart to take pics but did not bother fixing any of the problems?!? And then pinned the throttle till something let go while you happened to be videoing. Why???
Yup, that's it. You're a bright one!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I had a feeling about you. Just here to stir the *s-word after all.....

I'll be pulling your plug.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why do you think that Keith? How much is too much?
Common sense tells u if u take too much out it will fail? How much is too much? Not sure. Take enough until it fails. If somebody tells u that u can lighten a piston and it doesnt weaken the structure somewhat Id say they r full of it. Just because it hasnt failed doesnt mean the makeup of the casting hasnt been compromised to a point? Id agree that taking enough out to smooth and contour the windows and edges would be fine but theres definetely a factor of too much but not sure where thats at and the small amount it will make on a worksaw isnt worth ruining a saw IMO