Inside the Exploded JMS 064

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
10:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not doubting your judgement at all Keith. You are the one that ground on it and know what it is. You were most likely in the right if you took that much off.
Thats just it though. There is no way to know without testing how far it could be taken

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
11:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So what do you think about performance lightweight pistons? Like these
View attachment 87765
066 piston

View attachment 87766
372 piston

They have much wider skirts but are also much lighter than OEM. And a even that much more lighter than a meteor. Are they compromised because the don't have they structure to support themselves?
As far as the Dominant piston goes...it was built like by Wiseco, which build performance pistons...that's all they do. If they designed it for a purpose I am going to tend to believe in the product.

I never ordered a set of Carillo F-1 rods and called them up in doubt. ;)

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As far as the Dominant piston goes...it was built like by Wiseco, which build performance pistons...that's all they do. If they designed it for a purpose I am going to tend to believe in the product.

I never ordered a set of Carillo F-1 rods and called them up in doubt. ;)
I couldn't agree more, just bringing another aspect to the table

astnmacgto

Earn a living with white powdery substances
Local time
10:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That's why I experiment with cheap saws. I'm doing some stuff I probably shouldn't be to a poulan 335 right now....

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
8:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Maybe someone will post a before and after video with the same piston after removing material to only lighten it. I know when I remove a bunch of material from a piston it ain't running better because it's lighter, it's running better because of increased transfer flow.
Edit: well.. I assume. Lol

Last edited:

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Blue piston is made by Wiseco and coated by someone else. That's what I'm remembering. I can ask if there's more I'd anyone is interested.

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
8:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I first started lightening the Stihl pistons- I was trying to reduce vibration in my 066. It works to a point, but if the piston gets too light- then you get even more vibration. There's a happy medium that works pretty good and you don't have to take much material off.