Inside the 572xp

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting to see what measures were taken to protect the carb from heat. Whether different design or heat shields or heat reflecting tape has been used to shield the carb. Heat was a major issue that plagued the 5 series. What's not to like about a new 5! It will get interesting when all the fasteners are removed so we can see inside. Husky is doing interesting stuff with their new bottom ends.
Heard from my local dealer that they employed a guy for 4 years with his sole responsibility being designing and testing the cylinder/carb partition wall. Says he was told it will be used on the other 5 series saws as well.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With regarda to some wishing for an outboard clutch, I bet deep down Husky was too. Problem is you ask 100 chainsaw users which design they prefer and the vast majority will say inboard. They base their decision on how easy it is to change chains, how easy it is to deal with a pinched stuck bar/chain, how easy it is to change sprockets etc. They often don't realise the real benefits of an outboard design that include seperating heat from the case/saw, having two rotating masses apart that male the saw balance when turned, being able to make a smaller more compact saw, better chip removal etc. Some of the best saws ever made by both the major 2 had outboards like 090, MS200t, Contra & many more. The way an engineer thinks compared to the paying consumer is very different, but guess which one has had the final say....

Last edited:

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bet deep down Husky was too. Problem is you ask 100 chainsaw users which design they prefer and the vast majority will say inboard. They base their decision on how easy it is to change chains, how easy it is to deal with a pinched stuck bar/chain, how easy it is to change sprockets etc. They don't know the real benefits of an outboard design that include seperating heat from the case/saw, having two rotating masses apart that male the saw balance when turned, being able to make a smaller more compact saw, better chip removal etc. Some of the best saws ever made by both the major 2 had outboards like 090, MS200t, Contra & many more. The way an engineer thinks compared to the paying consumer is very different, but guess which one gets the final say....
[/QUOTE]

Looks like husky wanted to satisfy customers while still dissipating more heat. I like how the clutch is surrounded by the cast housing with holes, as opposed to completely enclosed by plastic like the stihl saws.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This saw should be available right now in France, I didn't look, but my oldest coworker pre ordered one, it'll be his last saw. And no, he don't want to hear anything about Stihl.

I think I 'll have a good chance to try it next week.

Do you know what the price is yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you know what the price is yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I don't know.

The 1st price I heard about was pretty high, something like €1400, but with the incredible success of the 462 I am sure it will be lower.

And when I say "incredible success", it's because in my 11 coworkers, 8 of them have already a 462. And it's only available since a few weeks.

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wish your co worker the best of luck with his saw, I think he will enjoy it a great deal!
I know he will.

He's 59 YO, and he used Husqvarna saws since the 181 release.

He used 181, 288, 272, 371, 372, 372 xt. And he don't want lighter saws, even now. He's scared to become weak, that's what he says.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well Guillaume, you can keep us posted on how they run and hold up, and I don't know of anyone else in such close proximity to so many of them.

That is impressive, they must be making a good first impression!

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In any case if the 572 only oils a 28, going by factory specs at the moment, then the West Coast cutters are going to want to tinker with it. If a modded 562 can pull a 28 with authority then one might figure a modded 572 should be able to pull a 36 in a similar fashion. Anyone heard about an XPW version? Wonder if it will be a full wrap or a 3/4 like the 562.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID